LOGIC QUESTION

Jamison

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how have the my guitar track go from Lo-fi tone back to the normal tone. Like a really awesome build up, i'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. I'm just trying to figure out how to execute this technique.

Thank you,
Jamison

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
I've never actually tried that, but there's a preset in the Channel EQ plug-in that's called "Telephone" something?? It's under the Mastering section of the presets I think. You could try using that as a starting point and filter out all the lows and highs, and then play with the mids until you get what you're looking for. Then just stick an automation on the plug-in to turn it off when the build up is done.

I did something "similar" by sticking an automated Space Designer set to one of the warped rooms. It rocks.

Again, I'm just spitballing here. Hope it helps.

Elchimpy

Reaction score
if your going to do a slow transition back into it automation is the best way to go, if your gonna snap it on beat to something and have it just jump back immediately it might be better to just cut the track at the spot and make a new track, one with lo, one with high

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
There's many ways. Bitcrusher could work, also a high pass filter (getting rid of low end and sweeping it back in), or a low pass filter (removing highs, making it very muddy)

ThisWorldIsOurs

Reaction score
Try the auto filter. You can go up to the different settings and set it to always rising filter. Down on the left hand corner you can also select the number of bars you want it to affect, its a pretty sweet filter. You can adjust all the parameters too like the shape of the wave and all that.

Latest posts

')