London / UK-based luthiers for a partscaster build?

Masoo2

Reaction score
I commissioned a custom artwork on a Warmoth Jazzmaster body a few months ago and now it's finally nearing completion.

I'll be going back to the States for a month and would like to get the actual build commencing once I return to the UK.

Does anyone have any recommendations for London-based luthiers (or anywhere in the UK really...) who you'd wholeheartedly recommend?

I would try this myself if I were still in the States, but for spacial and equipment reasons it just isn't feasible for me here in London.

Basic build rundown: Warmoth Jazzmaster body - rear-wired, JM / JM pickup config, Fender American hardtail, 3 way toggle lower horn; Warmoth roasted flamed maple neck

Kittymaster_Warmoth_Digital_Body.png

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 7.38.21 PM.png

Everything else still needs to be purchased and the entire guitar built/setup - looking for a luthier open to sourcing small parts (or who would already have them on hand), assembling the guitar and setting it up well.

Open to pickups + pots suggestions as well. Thinking something Lollar or Creamery, perhaps a JM90-type in the bridge and a slightly warm JM in the neck. Movement's Feel Something album is the ideal tone I'm looking for here.

Any thoughts? Do Feline or Crimson even do custom builds anymore? Is there anyone London-based or in the surrounding area? Worth going to Denmark street and asking around?

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p88

Reaction score
For bodies, check out: https://www.guitarbuild.co.uk/

Great quality, quick turn around (roughly 2 weeks build time for a body), and good prices (about £180-220 for a body, but can be more or less).

They do necks, which i've never ordered before, however the only issue you may have is that they either do a paddle headstock or their own designs...not Fender shapes etc.

Alternatively, there's RF custom, who does bodies, necks and spray work (incidentally: spray work for Feline guitars I believe, from what I can see on their website).

Hope this helps!

Joel

Reaction score
If the main thing youre looking for is final assembly and set up then I can recommend Feline guitars. Those guys really know what theyre doing, they also do stock parts so you may be able to get them to complete the parts list as well.

p88

Reaction score
Apologies, I might have misread your original post.

Agreed: feline guitars are apparently the way to go for assembly and set up. I'll be enlisting them shortly to assemble and set up a build for me, once the body is back from the painters.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score

Agreed: feline guitars are apparently the way to go for assembly and set up. I'll be enlisting them shortly to assemble and set up a build for me, once the body is back from the painters.

Feline did my kit build for me and they did an absolutely exceptional job. I gave it to them pre-and-post-painting so they did a little additional woodwork on the body too.

They have a sizeable inventory of electronics/pickups/hardware and can get anything you want from the major suppliers also. Jonathan the owner is super personable - I went in to drop off my build and walked out having bought one of his personal guitars lol

p88

Reaction score
Feline did my kit build for me and they did an absolutely exceptional job. I gave it to them pre-and-post-painting so they did a little additional woodwork on the body too.

They have a sizeable inventory of electronics/pickups/hardware and can get anything you want from the major suppliers also. Jonathan the owner is super personable - I went in to drop off my build and walked out having bought one of his personal guitars lol
Haha, that's great to hear - I better take some extra cash when I go there then!

Masoo2

Reaction score
If the main thing youre looking for is final assembly and set up then I can recommend Feline guitars. Those guys really know what theyre doing, they also do stock parts so you may be able to get them to complete the parts list as well.

Thanks all! I'll reach out to Feline and see if they can come up with a quote.

')