Long epic songs you enjoy! Let's share.

• Thread starter lucasreis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
By no means all but definitely a large chunk of my favorites.

Telegraph Road is probably the first epic song I truly got into. In fact, it's what really got me interested in playing guitar in the first place. The version on Alchemy is pretty much the best one available IMO.

As far as my contribution, no single epic song as influenced me or stayed with me to quite as much a degree as Echoes:

/Edit - I forgot to mention originally that nothing IMO will ever be more epic than playing in the empty arena at Pompeii.:metal:

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
Telegraph Road is probably the first epic song I truly got into. In fact, it's what really got me interested in playing guitar in the first place. The version on Alchemy is pretty much the best one available IMO.

As far as my contribution, no single epic song as influenced me or stayed with me to quite as much a degree as Echoes:

/Edit - I forgot to mention originally that nothing IMO will ever be more epic than playing in the empty arena at Pompeii.:metal:

While growing up with my dads music library dire straits was my bread and butter... The outro is extremely amazing and I still haven't gotten down to learning it

Pat_tct

Reaction score
long tracks? don't know. maybe some of Ahabs work.
and Anesthetize by Porcupine Tree.
And pretty much everything from BTBAM

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
Regardless of Me - From a Darkened Sky.
Not on youtube. And not even on their facebook or myspace. :(

Also, not that epic or too long, but:

This one gives me goosebumps:

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
A lot of my favourites mentioned already. You guys missed Seventh Wonder's The Great Escape though:

')