Long Island, NY?

• Thread starter pvtcornflower
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pvtcornflower

You know, just...yea
Reaction score
Hello,
Anyone in the Long Island area on this here site? I am currently deployed in the middle east but am coming home to start my new life as a civilian once again relatively soon. It's been 6 years since stepping foot in my homeland and I am interested in getting back into the music creating scene. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I can't help you with the Long Island scene, but thank you for your service and welcome home.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
def a bunch of LIers here. im one of them.

SCENE SUCKS but we all still play! what music you into?

pvtcornflower

You know, just...yea
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys, it means quite a bit. It's been a long and hard road, but I am excited to get back! What kind of music do I listen to? Geez isn't that a loaded question! :scratch: I listen to a lot of different styles of music and derive my influences even further. From Sigur Ros to Joe Satriani to Tool, Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery and a lot of other in between.

I Voyager

Reaction score
In my eyes, the LI scene = too much hardcore, barely any (good) metal.

pvtcornflower

You know, just...yea
Reaction score
In my eyes, the LI scene = too much hardcore, barely any (good) metal.

You know, it's funny you say that. It seems as though even when I left, that's kinda where it was headed. I am not necessarily hoping to change that, however I am looking to add something fresh into the mix. The only thing I am really hoping for is to find like-minded people to jam out with and or write some kick ass riffs.

TheBotquax

Reaction score

Here's a pretty decent band that plays here alot, they're a little too hard/metalcore for me but they're all great musicians. What part of LI are you in?

pvtcornflower

You know, just...yea
Reaction score
Well, I am not quite there yet. As I have stated earlier, I am still on deployment. As to where I am going to live? most likely somewhere in Suffolk. My future room mate (my older sister) is living in Sayville. We are currently exploring all options and price points. I'm just trying to get my foot in the door of the community and meet some new people.

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Fellow Long Island SS'er, located around the Valley Stream/Queens area.

As mentioned before, thank you for your service and I hope you make the trip back home OK! As far as I know, we don't have much going on here, especially since The Crazy Donkey venue closed down (that was a spot for major tours to come through). The Vibe Lounge in Rockville Center (small, shitty club) is one of the few LI spots left, and it seems like it's the home of deathcore right now :lol:

One of the newest venue's that's opened up recently is The Paramount in Huntington. The venue looks great, it's clean, and pretty spacious. I'd say this venue takes the place of The Crazy Donkey, and it's worth checking out. I've been to two shows there since it's opened: Children of Bodom/Revocation and As I Lay Dying/Sylosis.

Ever Forthright is a band that's up and coming right now and is from LI (their vocalist is one of the old singers from Periphery). They often play shows on LI and Brooklyn, I would check them out if you're interested in that kind of stuff.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Nothing to do with LI (hell, not even on the same continent), but just wanted to welcome you back, dude - i remember the shock of going back into civvies and can't help but be happy for you.

Take care, and welcome back to oh-my-god-i-have-a-mattress land!

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Ever Forthright is a band that's up and coming right now and is from LI (their vocalist is one of the old singers from Periphery). They often play shows on LI and Brooklyn, I would check them out if you're interested in that kind of stuff.

ive been jamming with their old drummer for a little bit now trying to get this project off the ground. proven difficult but its coming along. wish i could find another 8 stringer in suffolk

VILARIKA

Reaction score
ive been jamming with their old drummer for a little bit now trying to get this project off the ground. proven difficult but its coming along. wish i could find another 8 stringer in suffolk

Sounds like an interesting project, got any clips of music? And who is their old drummer? I'm not really familiar with the old Ever Forthright music.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
jay lomanto, used to play for the fatal effect on LI. i do have a couple of demo stratch tracks of drums on one guitar. let me set up a sound cloud and load them

VILARIKA

Reaction score
jay lomanto, used to play for the fatal effect on LI. i do have a couple of demo stratch tracks of drums on one guitar. let me set up a sound cloud and load them

Whoa, this is sounding really good man. The beginning was a bit slow at first, but then it really kicked into gear and took off. There are some really cool riffs in there too :yesway:

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
thanks man, i really do appreciate it. im so happy with the rest of the material we have been working on, just trying to pull it all together. i was really excited moving from 6 to 8. i love the deathslam stuff i do( i was in the forrest gump band if you knew about it when it was around) and its really refreshing to be working on this stuff

pvtcornflower

You know, just...yea
Reaction score

well, if you're still looking when I get back, I got one 8 and two sevens, I would be more than happy to jam out. I have plenty of ideas. you should see my "studio" I set up on my ship. Drum set and all hooked right into garageband and reaper. can't get the best quality but it's definitely not the worst. maybe I will take a picture of my set up and put it up.

pvtcornflower

You know, just...yea
Reaction score

there are about 7 other guitars and 4 other amps not pictured in this photo all hiding and placed strategically as to not fly when the ship rolls.

')