Long overdue Agile (redo) NGD thread (56k=highly doubtful!)

matttttYCE

Reaction score
Yes, it's been here for some time now...12 WHOLE DAYS...but the camera's been broken and I sure as shit wasn't going to wait to open this baby up.

Anyways, for those of you that saw my previous NGD experience and disappointment, Kurt came through in a big way! And aside from having to pay the extra $50something to ship the other one back to him :)wallbash:), I'm really happy with the whole thing

Enough blab. Pics NAO!

Her name is Bertha..as in BIG BERTHA..becasue, well, she's rather large..

2009_10_28001.jpg

I forgot to mention in the my last thread how nice the case is..it's surprisingly sweet for the price. I figured they'd be pretty shitty, but they really anen't at all.

2009_10_28003-1.jpg

Wait for it...wait for it...

2009_10_28004.jpg

2009_10_28005.jpg

2009_10_28008-1.jpg

And now for some NATURAL LIGHTING oooooooh aaaaaaahh

2009_10_28011.jpg

2009_10_28019-1.jpg

2009_10_28017-1.jpg

2009_10_28030-1.jpg

(Don't mind the bird shit on the ground hahah)

2009_10_28026-1.jpg

2009_10_28033-1.jpg

2009_10_28031-1.jpg

2009_10_28025-1.jpg

I could have sworn I took these pictures at higher res...not too happy about that! Guess I'll have to take a shitload more then :lol:

2009_10_28027-1.jpg

2009_10_28015-1.jpg

2009_10_28035-1.jpg

Metal.

Anyways..this guitar is awesome! It seems like the finish is much more shiney and more gloss poly than satin poly, but I don't really mind. Would have prefered the much more satin of the first one I got, but I'd much rather have a a high gloss finish and no fucked up fretboarrd :lol:

The guitar is awesome. I finally got all the strings for the custom set I ordered (.009-.072) and upon putting those on I find I need some thicker ones for my tastes really. So I'll be getting some .010-.056 seven string EB sets and some EB .074s which should do the trick. Intonation hasn't been touched yet, but is actually pretty close after I dropped everything down half a step. Surprising.

Again, Kurt really came through on getting me another model with a fretboard in better shape. There are some dark marks on the edges of the fretboard where it looks like the poly finish from the neck driped over but they're hardly noticeable. It just looks like a little dirt on the fretbaord..which I really don't mind when compared to lots of cuts in the board.

Anyways the only bad thing about this NGD is that I'm already contemplating selling the beast. Now that I'm playing in a full time band again, the want/need for a maxon OD808, a rack case, and a new cab have gone way up on my priority list. So we'll see what happens. Thanks for looking and reading (if you did).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Congrats, bro! Glad Kurt could work out the problem for you, he seems like a cool guy from what I've heard. :hbang::yesway:

matttttYCE

Reaction score
Thanks all!

matttttYCE,

And the frets are ok on this one?

The frets on the first one actually had nothing wrong with them...it was cuts in the fretboard wood next to all the frets that was the problem (from someone doing a very poor job leveling or dressing the frets). And there's the tiniest bit of that on maybe like 3 places on this one. But it really takes a magnifying glass to notice them.

Congrats, bro! Glad Kurt could work out the problem for you, he seems like a cool guy from what I've heard. :hbang::yesway:

Thanks. Indeed, he is! Very great with customer service and satisfaction!

Man, it's the second guitar you get that arrives upside down - talk about bad luck! :fawk:

:rofl: Yea, shit happens when you play wrong handed

Werwolf999

Reaction score
matttttYCE,

That's good to hear. I was thinking of pulling the pin on one of these some time around the first of the month, and was a little worried that that fretboard prob you originally had may have been indicative of a general lack of quality control on the line as a whole.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree w/ the comments you made regarding craftsmanship/quality control in your posts concerning the first guitar you received. We must always remember that the market is driven by the consumer. If we send the message that we're willing to settle for less, we'll invariably get even less than that. I remember looking at an Ibanez 7321 a few months back that they had in a local Guitar Center. It played well, and the neck was surprisingly good considering the price, but it looked as though someone routed out the pickup cavities w/ a hack saw. I could see a little ways down into them and there were some really course looking cuts there. Now I know the 7321 in an "entry level" guitar and we shouldn't expect them to have the features and quality control found on models priced $1,000 and up, but that was a little much.

RG7

Reaction score
Hey matt, I was the one who really wanted to buy your old refund as a b stock on the rondo site after it showed up. It ended up not though. The neck remarks did not bug me and I could live with that as long as it had a decent enough discount as a labeled b stock. What did kurt do with your old guitar?

matttttYCE

Reaction score
matttttYCE,

That's good to hear. I was thinking of pulling the pin on one of these some time around the first of the month, and was a little worried that that fretboard prob you originally had may have been indicative of a general lack of quality control on the line as a whole.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree w/ the comments you made regarding craftsmanship/quality control in your posts concerning the first guitar you received. We must always remember that the market is driven by the consumer. If we send the message that we're willing to settle for less, we'll invariably get even less than that. I remember looking at an Ibanez 7321 a few months back that they had in a local Guitar Center. It played well, and the neck was surprisingly good considering the price, but it looked as though someone routed out the pickup cavities w/ a hack saw. I could see a little ways down into them and there were some really course looking cuts there. Now I know the 7321 in an "entry level" guitar and we shouldn't expect them to have the features and quality control found on models priced $1,000 and up, but that was a little much.

Yea. I was worried the line would be all the same, and I'm thinking most of them may have been (since that's what Kurt conveyed to me) but as there were few others who ordered lefty Intrepid Pro Nats for the Oct. run it's hard to tell. I personally think this new one is from the run before. There's less space between the bridge and the pickup (I was able to fit a jazz 3 between em on the last one, and cannot on this new one). And I was pretty sure I read somewhere that for the Oct. run had the bridges moved back some. Maybe not though.

Anyways you said when we settle for less but pay the same as when we should be getting more, it only hurts us consumers in the short AND long runs. ...Of course I ended up paying 50 some bucks MORE than I should have payed (to ship the old one back to Kurt) to get this current one, which is what I should have got in the first place. So not settling for less actually did hurt me..well, just my wallet haha.

Hey matt, I was the one who really wanted to buy your old refund as a b stock on the rondo site after it showed up. It ended up not though. The neck remarks did not bug me and I could live with that as long as it had a decent enough discount as a labeled b stock. What did kurt do with your old guitar?

I honestly do not know what he did with it.. However, like I said in my other thread, I'm betting he's trying to sell it as a new one. In fact I'd probably bet my left nut that's what he's doing. He doesn't want to lose money. Searching ebay the other day I found this: Agile Intrepid Pro 828 Nat MN Left Handed 8 String Guit - eBay (item 370286689179 end time Dec-06-09 13:13:23 PST)

Ten bucks says he listed it on ebay instead of selling it through the Rondo site (because alot of people that would know of the Rondo site saw my previous NDG thread). You could always email Kurt and ask him specifically what he did with my old one and if he'd be willing to sell it b-stock, but I doubt he will. Again, he wants to make as much money as possible..and if more than one of them is like this he would get people asking why they didn't get discounts or why their was listed as b-stcock.

In any case, RG7, I'm really thinking about selling my new one for $650-$700 including the case and a bunch of strings for it. If you might be interested let me know.

Latest posts

')