Long time no post. Here's some massively heavy metal for your massively heavy face.

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, the whole process. I'm specifically interested in the guitar tone, like what type of equalization/compression/multiband compression you had to apply to achieve that, is it "only" double-tracked, are you using a high presence IR etc. I guess all details you consider most important; I'm not sure if I know enough to ask the right questions, because I have yet to achieve such a level of clarity and fullness. Also, what sort of things do you employ in the master bus considering things such as reverb, saturation, master compression...?

I'm intrigued, because the tone is hyooge!

I'm using TSE X50 into a blend of two impulses. One on side it's more modelled after the II/+ model, unboosted, and the right side is the standard MK1 but with a TS9 boost.

Only 2 tracks, besides the odd moment where it boosts up to 4.

On the guitar bus I have a multiband just handling the low mids between about 90-200hz, very gently, only to tame the boxy rumble on palm mutes.

HP @ 100hz, LP @ 9k~, a very small dip (literally about 1dB) at 650hz~ with a narrow-ish Q, just to reduce some of the boxiness and to sink the guitars back into the mix a little more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')