Long time no post. Here's some massively heavy metal for your massively heavy face.

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha thanks man but VST's aren't a bad tool these days. Emulation is emulation, doesn't matter what format it comes in, so long as you know how to play with the nuances.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Amazing as usual. The end where you switch to the full chords instead of single noting that riff just crushes man.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen!

I have literally heard this song at least 10 times with a different mix. :lol:

Great job, once again. :yesway:

:lol: This is what happens when you're trying to find band members for the last 4 years. You tend to just re-do the same shit.

Such a heavy pleasure for ears! Buddy you rock \m/
Fucking killer sound. What sound card did you use for that?

Thanks man, I used my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Soft Father

Reaction score
Considering how flawless this sounds like, it'd be really interesting to see/hear the workflow behind this!

Reaction score
dimebag.jpg

Soft Father

Reaction score
By that do you mean my recording process?

Yep, the whole process. I'm specifically interested in the guitar tone, like what type of equalization/compression/multiband compression you had to apply to achieve that, is it "only" double-tracked, are you using a high presence IR etc. I guess all details you consider most important; I'm not sure if I know enough to ask the right questions, because I have yet to achieve such a level of clarity and fullness. Also, what sort of things do you employ in the master bus considering things such as reverb, saturation, master compression...?

I'm intrigued, because the tone is hyooge!

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Sounds nice and tight, as always duder. It's crazy how good your tone is with the 5150 VST. I know we would all benefit from your knowledge giving.

')