Looking at a new 6 string

• Thread starter DSilence
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
ESP, easy. I own three LTD's right now and have owned three others, and all six have and are great guitars. The necks are going to be little thinner I imagine on the ESP. Plus it has EMG's so you don't have to change them out, unless you don't like the tone.

DSilence

Reaction score
Yeah I was swaying towards the esp too, The only think I liked about the shecter was the looks as I have never played one.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
guys, its a LTD. dont kid yourselves.

that said, i've played an EC1000 deluxe and it was a fine axe! felt a lot like my gibson LP studio.

you need to play 'em both before you decide which one you want - they'll feel very different.

and if you want actives, you can get a C-1 with actives y'know.

Lee

Above
Contributor
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I still love my EC-400AT. Granted, I got this one because I couldn't afford the 1000, and it has SD's as opposed to EMG's, but if EMG's are your thing, more power to you. Like Budda said, you're going to have to play them and feel them out because they are pretty different both feel and sound-wise.

Bobo

Reaction score
guys, its a LTD. dont kid yourselves.

Are the LTD's supposed to be junk? I have had one for a few months now, and although it doesn't play as good to me as my RG (but of course that's just personnel preference stuff) it is a fine guitar. Haven't found a thing wrong with it, and it sounds great.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i never said ltd's are junk, just pointing out that its not an ESP.

the EC-1000 i played felt like a very solid guitar. i'd still buy one used to save some $$ though.. and i wouldnt get actives.

DSilence

Reaction score
I dont think I will get the chance to try them either, both music stores that stock each of these brands dont have those models. Hence why I came to ask on here. I dont get the whole LTD ESP thing, LTD is meant to be a low end esp? There are some damn exspensive LTD guitars then!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
they stock the brands - so you can order the models.

;)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
it doesnt hurt to ask. those are the two you're deciding between anyway, are they not?

dont buy blind. if you're between 2 guitars, and you can order them both in to test them out and you're going to be taking one home with you... you order them in.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
the eclipses look fine to me.

ever played one?

why post if you have absolutely nothing positive to say about the thread topic?

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
from a quality standpoint, the ltd is gonna rip the schecter to bits. its got a thinner neck though so keep that in mind.

Bobo

Reaction score
i never said ltd's are junk, just pointing out that its not an ESP.

the EC-1000 i played felt like a very solid guitar. i'd still buy one used to save some $$ though.. and i wouldnt get actives.

Gotcha. Not saying you said anything, just some clarification is all :yesway:

On a side note, I've played some high end, expensive guitars and found many times that the guitar really wasn't worth the serious extra coin. Some of these cheaper models can play great, sound great, and be made great.

')