Looking for a decent cheap-ish pink guitar

• Thread starter bloodjunkie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bloodjunkie

Reaction score
My cousin(who is spoiled to say the least) wants my aunt to buy her a new guitar with basically the only stipulation being that it's pink, she's looking at $1000 dollar Jacksons and PRS's locally which I said is nuts(she basically strums chords and sings). With that said I can't think of too many of the top of my head that are pink but I don't think they should be spending more than $500(cad). I definitely think it should not have a tremolo as it will just frustrate her.

Any suggestions is appreciated, cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Is she a beginner or has she been playing for a while already? Is she big enough to handle a full size guitar, or maybe go 3/4 or 7/8?

There are lots of pink beginner guitars, but as you move up to intermediate, there's quite a bit less variety.

Fender (Squier) makes a pink mini strat, as do other (non-Fender) companies. I think Dean still makes a full sized hot pink more-shredder-like guitar, that ought to only run about $250 USD dollars.

xzacx

Reaction score
I think you can get a SL4X for the $500 range. I've been super impressed with the few I've played in person, for the money. Been really tempted to grab one but just not playing 6s enough to justify buying just to have. That has a Floyd (I can't remember which version but I'm sure not the best quality one), but blocked I'd think it'd still have better stability than a hardtail.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Spoiled and wants a cheap pink guitar? Say no more.
medium_squier_hello_kitty_stratocaster_pink_1_52fd78e1e4.jpg

bloodjunkie

Reaction score
Is she a beginner or has she been playing for a while already? Is she big enough to handle a full size guitar, or maybe go 3/4 or 7/8?

There are lots of pink beginner guitars, but as you move up to intermediate, there's quite a bit less variety.

Fender (Squier) makes a pink mini strat, as do other (non-Fender) companies. I think Dean still makes a full sized hot pink more-shredder-like guitar, that ought to only run about $250 USD dollars.
Ah yes I should have said full-sized, she's in her late teens and has been playing for a couple years on and off I guess.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah yes I should have said full-sized, she's in her late teens and has been playing for a couple years on and off I guess.

So let her get a pink PRS SE/S2. Seems more like she knows what she's doing (strumming and singing) and you think shes not good enough. It's not your money, let her get what she wants :shrug:.

If she actually loves the guitar she gets, she will play more and more than likely get better.

bloodjunkie

Reaction score
Thanks totally forgot about Daisy Rock!

So let her get a pink PRS SE/S2. Seems more like she knows what she's doing (strumming and singing) and you think shes not good enough. It's not your money, let her get what she wants :shrug:.

If she actually loves the guitar she gets, she will play more and more than likely get better.
That's a lot of projection on a family dynamic you know nothing about. I'm looking out for my aunt here who doesn't have the money to spend on guitars like that either but ultimately would just so her daughter doesn't go ballistic. Thanks for your concern anyway.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks totally forgot about Daisy Rock!

That's a lot of projection on a family dynamic you know nothing about. I'm looking out for my aunt here who doesn't have the money to spend on guitars like that either but ultimately would just so her daughter doesn't go ballistic. Thanks for your concern anyway.

Hopefully you have some good conversations with both family members from this :yesway:

Is Daisy Rock still in production? I havent seen one in a store in Canada.

There's a squier standard strat in pink iirc. but you may be waiting a year on stock.

If she switches "pink" to "purple" that may extend the search a bit.

Where you are in Canada will affect availability too - MTL? TO? Van? Etc.

efiltsohg

Reaction score
I think some of the cheap Kramers come in pink

edit: maybe not current production but I saw a pink pacer at my local L&M

Last edited:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
She seems pretty set on pink, located on Van Isle, cheers.

See if any l&m's have a pink squier classic player etc (i forget which lines had which colours). It will also probably be a solid guitar. Did epiphone do a metallic pink LP at one point?

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there - do you know to refinish a paint job on a guitar? It might be a cheaper, and rather fun project to turn a piece of shit guitar into a pink guitar.

')