Looking for a new cab. This time I'm serious.

• Thread starter groph
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drenzium

Reaction score
2. Good point, but I'd rather avoid the terror of moving a 4x12 especially if you have limited car space which pretty much everybody with a car does. I would get two 2x12's because I think that looks cooler than a 4x12 and I can spread them around the stage if I wanted, and it'd still be easier to move than one giant 4x12. I know people do it ALL THE TIME and it's not THAT hard, but you know that everybody you see hauling a 4x12 is thinking "fuckfuckwhydidinotgeta2x12fuckthisfuckingthingisfuckedwhyisntmygirlfriendmovingthisfuckingfuckedgoddamnfuckingcab" as they grunt and stumble towards their cars.

No only people with orange cabs do that.

And buying cabs isn't really that difficult dude, take your head to a guitar store and try stuff out. Obviously dont buy them new right there. Get a good idea of what you like and maybe try to track down the same model used to save yourself some bones.

Have you even tried a Vader cab before? The way you were describing them sounds kind of like you're assuming how it'd sound without actually knowing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groph

Reaction score
No only people with orange cabs do that.

And buying cabs isn't really that difficult dude, take your head to a guitar store and try stuff out. Obviously dont buy them new right there. Get a good idea of what you like and maybe try to track down the same model used to save yourself some bones.

Have you even tried a Vader cab before? The way you were describing them sounds kind of like you're assuming how it'd sound without actually knowing.

There's a pretty limited selection of stuff over here as far as cabs go, and you can't turn anything up at all. There aren't any cabs around here with Eminence speakers either, not that I'm dead set on Eminence, there just aren't any. The way I look at it, getting a cab is kind of like getting pickups, in that the the speakers are a bit of a gamble, hence threads like these. Luckily I don't really have anything totally pinned down so if I get a cab and deem it to have a good tone even if it's nothing like what I described I'll be happy anyway. I suppose a low volume test in a store is still better than nothing though. It's really just the limited selection. 99% of cabs in stores are V30 loaded. I know the woods and construction matter as well but the speakers are the main part.

And no, I haven't tried a Vader since they're all the way in Quebec or wherever Arsenal is. I said what I said because a bunch of people here described them as "dry" sounding cabs, I guess due to the nature of the high powered generally flat responding speakers. I don't really want that.

Razorgrin

Reaction score
I hang out with him on a regular basis, including tonight. It's pretty sad that we haven't done anything especially now that we're "good enough to make a band" now.
Srsly, man, get on it. I'm in a very similar situation with a drummer friend; we just get together every so often and make shit up. He's in a dedicated band that he loves, so I can't steal him as often as I might like - especially now that my main band has just sort of evaporated - but if you guys really have nothing else going on, start doing something! Hell, Adai are literally just a drummer and a guitarist and they're badass.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It probably sounds just fine ;)

')