Looking for a new guitar $1500 budget

• Thread starter Xombie2000
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Garnoch

Reaction score
Nice, choice, man. I bet you'll love it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Was also gonna jump in to suggest a Soloist but that Horizon sounds like a very good score, nice one! :)

xzyryabx

Reaction score
I'm selling two ESPs that are in your budget if interested, check the spam thread.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Ibanez have really thin necks (too thin for me). Esp necks are not thin not to wide. I would say go for an esp horizon standard series.

Reaction score
+1 Carvin or Jackson.
I've no opinion on actual ESPs, since the only thing I've played are low/mid level LTDs. For that price you could also go Agile semi-custom shop or build a Warmoth to your personal specs.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Used PRS Custom 24, dude, with a wide/thin neck.

As you probably know the PRS trem is really stable for a non-locking.

For new, Carvin or Jackson for me, but I'm not sure what the QC on Jacksons in this range are these days.

Carvin could have a carved top, depending on the model. Their QC is also close to that of PRS in my experience (I've owned 3 USA PRS and 3 Carvin, played more of each).

EDIT: Years ago I had a hardtail Cu22 in W/F. I couldn't get on with the bridge or neck profile but it was the best sounding guitar that I've ever owned. I regret getting rid of it!

Xombie2000

Reaction score
The ESP Horizon FR-II arrived last night. I couldn't put it down. In all honesty it's the finest playing guitar I've ever put my hands on, saying that I really LOVE my PRS. Having played tons of guitars in the past 20+ years It has the neck I was looking for. Slightly thicker than an Ibanez much thinner than my PRS. It's a keeper. I'll post new NGD thread some other time.

Latest posts

')