Looking For A New Guitar For Band

• Thread starter behemoth91
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

behemoth91

Reaction score
Im in a band now and so therefore am looking into another guitar As we will be playing in two tunings. This guitar will be living in drop d so a floyd would be acceptable and actually preffered. Dont want the guitar to be bulky but not a light flimsy feeling guitar. Needs To be sturdy and of good quality. Would Prefer EMG's unless the guitar comes with passive duncans. would prefer it it has good access to the upper frets. I can deal with top heavy guitars but would prefer if it doesnt. And would like the sound i get out of it to be similar to arch enemy or trivium. So help looking into guitars that could fit these things i would like to have would be much appreciated. Thank you. And would like the price to be under $700 and dont really want to have to switch pickups either.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anything by LTD or Schecter in your price range with the pickups you want. They're all about the same quality wise, so find one YOU like the most.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
645743.jpg

645762.jpg

Both are about $600.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Used MH-1000/M-1000/H-1000 :)

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Just noticed that you want the same sound as trivium and arch enemy. That's not gonna come from just the guitar. You're gonna need expensive amps and effects for that.

Bananalyze

Reaction score
It's been said already, but LTD 6's are wery wery nice. :agreed:

I really like the MHNT. I play one with a tune-o-matic, but the MH has a Floyd. Plus EMG's come stock, and the whole enchilada's about 600 bucks new.

mh-350fr_stblk.jpg

diatron5

Reaction score
an ibanez s470 and put some dimarzios on it..
but damn those ltd mhnt's look sexy plus they have nice stock pick ups, better than the inf's in ibanez guitars. I have an esp ec-400 and the stock emgs are probably my favorite thing about the guitar

')