Looking for a new guitar for gigs.

• Thread starter XtremeMetalGod1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which guitar to get

• Total voters

XtremeMetalGod1

Rythm Player of Deth
Reaction score
I need a new guitar for my band and as we now play in two tunings i need two mains. So ive been looking at three guitars and wanted to know your thoughts on them. The ltd v-401dx, the schecter blackjack atx v-1 and the bc rich jr v nj deluxe. Comes with emgs and i do like emgs

The Ltd's are known for fast playing necks and that would be a real plus. Price Tag is lower then the rest and thats a good thing. Ltd's are known for very good quality guitars in this price range and so thats also a plus. Cant really see anything wrong with the ltd v.

The bc rich looks metal as hell and thats really good. Grover tuners are really nice. Original floyd, ebony neckthrough and price tag is fair for all the stuff you get. Nothing i can forsee as something that doesnt sound good.

Schecter has blackouts and altho ive never played with blackouts ive heard almost nothing but praise for them. Ebony board, mahogany body with set mahogany neck will sound extremely metal. only problem is that schecter necks arent exactly made for soloing and are kinda bulky.

And a new competitor is the ibanez rgt6exfx. Feels great in my hands nice comfy and fast neck. emgs actually sound good. and at my local music store all labor is free. So this is a very good thing.

So your opinions would really matter with this thank you very much.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I find the Schecter Vs to still be pretty fast, and it feels the most solid outta the bunch, IMHO.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The LTD, but the BC Rich is cool too. The Schecters look messed up to me.

blister7321

Reaction score
ive played all of them and the ltd felt best to me
be warned the ltd is more like a double rhoads (take the upper horn of a RR and put it on the bottom as well) theyre the best there but theyre the biggest

Latest posts

')