Looking for a RG7620...

• Thread starter Nik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Look around. I just bought an RG 7620 GN for 349. One ding in the back of the body...big deal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
lol I was at my band's first practice and missed it, but thanks ;)

I'm not a big fan of red, either... A bit flashy.

But I think I may have found something elsewhere... Hopefully I'll get lucky and get the guitar. I'll post pics if I get it ;) Cross your fingers.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but I've noticed some 7620s have this red stripe (different wood?) that's somewhat reddish colour that runs the length of the neck, and some don't. What's the difference? Different year of production?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
prettymuch... bubinga, I believe it is. The relative advantages of a 3-peice vs. 1-peice have been debated ad nauseum, and really it can go both ways. a 3-peice can separate, but because the different peices will flex at slightly different rates, is theoretically stabler than a one-peice.

Myself, I think three-epices are more attractive, but I wouldn't let the presence or absense of a stripe change my opinion of an otherwise satisfactory or unsatisfactory guitar.

I think '99 was the last year they did 1-peices... '00 at the latest.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Nik said:
Do they sell used gear at jemsite?
they have a classifieds section just like here. from Jemsite forum members, i've bought an RG570RM, RG7621, Mesa Nomad 45 2x12, and various parts, screws, and plates :)

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Cross your fingers for me tomorrow guys ;)

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
dude. That auction ended at over 900$... LMAO
That is ONE lucky seller.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
DAAAAMN!

That's the third time I've been cheated out of a near-mint RG7620 GN in the last 3-4 months :scream:

These guys are RETARDED. $910... that's more than a mint RG1527... DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN! And I told my parents before when a mint one went for $500 that prices were only gonna go up on these as they became more rare, and my parents were like "No they won't, they'll always be around. You can buy yourself one next time."

DAMN! Look at this!!!

Sorry, had to get that out. I am REALLY pissed off right now. :(

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, thats almost as much as i paid for my 1077... lol.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Aint that shit crazy? I cant believe somoene would bid it up that high. i've seen some crazy motherfuckers who start them that high, but i've never seen one sell for that

shoemaker27

Reaction score
Incredible!!! I bought one, the same color and mint condition 2 months ago also on ebay, I paid 430$

Lucky seller, and the buyer has to have a lot of money or he doesnt know anything about the 7 string market!!!

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Lucky seller, unlucky me.

But it's obvious that this guy (or actually, the two guys that were competing to get it with astronomical prices) don't know squat about 7-string ibanez guitars... Wow...

In any case, what do you think the chances of me having a guitar like this built for me under $2000 dollars is????

http://www.lgmguitars.com/guitars/custom_electric/andy_8.html

The Leviathan 8-strings run a little over $2000, but this has a much less elaborate shape, so it should cost a bit less, what do you think???

Status
Not open for further replies.
')