Looking for advice on a new guitar.

• Thread starter agni
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

agni

Reaction score
So last year I bought my first multiscale guitar a schecter c7 sls elite absolutely love it. The only bad thing is I don't really want to play any of my non multiscale instruments. As such I am looking into getting another multiscale 7 string. Currently I am debating between a ormsby gtr series or one of the new Ibanez models coming out axion label I believe. What is everyones suggestion ? I have hear great things about ormsby but it is a bigger scale length than my schecter although not much I want a easy transition between the 2. Any advice is much appreciated thanks.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Since your multiscale is a 1.5" fan, and the neutral "parallel" fret is at what looks like the 9th fret, you'll want to keep both of those factors in mind. A guitar with the same 25.5-27" fan can feel much much different if the neutral fret is up at the 12th. This would make the nut even more angled, which is good for some who mostly play high up the fretboard, but makes chords etc harder down low.

Not saying that other dimensions are necessarily a bad thing, but it's worth noting so that you don't end up with something that is still "mutliscale", while being a completely different animal.

agni

Reaction score
Since your multiscale is a 1.5" fan, and the neutral "parallel" fret is at what looks like the 9th fret, you'll want to keep both of those factors in mind. A guitar with the same 25.5-27" fan can feel much much different if the neutral fret is up at the 12th. This would make the nut even more angled, which is good for some who mostly play high up the fretboard, but makes chords etc harder down low.

Not saying that other dimensions are necessarily a bad thing, but it's worth noting so that you don't end up with something that is still "mutliscale", while being a completely different animal.
Thanks a ton didn't even think about that I know the ormsby is 27.8 scale length not sure where the "parallel" fret is tho

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Ormsby is a well thought out fan. For how big the fan is: they’re very comfortable necks. It is noticeably larger than the typical 25.5-27 fan, but it’s easy to adjust to. Overall very nice playing instruments. I think their jack placement sucks, but I’d still take it over the Ibanez multi scale (unless they’ve changed it since last year).

A-Branger

Reaction score
Thanks a ton didn't even think about that I know the ormsby is 27.8 scale length not sure where the "parallel" fret is tho
around the 9th too

plus you got SS frets, bone nut, ebony, passive pickups, custom hardware like hipshot and a thinner/lighter guitar than ibanez......

the aesthetics/looks/color between the two is up to you

Un1corn

Instant Djent Machine
Reaction score
hey,I have an Ormsby 6 string,it's 25.5-27.5,and it's definitely great for a multiscale guitar,it feels very natural

Bearitone

Reaction score
Balaguer does 7 string multiscale too. And from the looks of their configurator, the parallel is also at the 9th fret

Last edited:

agni

Reaction score
thanks for everyone's thoughts and information. Ended up ordering a ormsby hype gtr now I just cant wait for it to actually ship feels like its taking forever. 2 weeks and haven't heard anything from the company I ordered from and they said they should be shipping any day when I first bought it.