looking for custom guitar builders without a long queue or waiting time recommendations

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
im looking for explorer or v or rhoads or kelly or ml like shapes, either neck through set through or set neck, and also do a floyd or a floyd style bridge with 24 frets.
my budget is up to 5000 euros depends on the builder.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The ones with waits are generally established which is why they have a backlog.

Sounds like the guitar you want is already a production model from various companies - buy one of those.
they dont really have the options i want in the production model from those ocompanies and their custom shop takes more than kiiras instruments for example, my friend have one of their guitars and theyre good, but also most of the guitars dont go above 3500 euro. guess ill just go with kiiras and wait 18 months

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd say bite the bullet and wait for a builder you like

Or

Have a production model customized how you'd want.

With that kind of budget there should be no obstacle to getting what you want.

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd say bite the bullet and wait for a builder you like

Or

Have a production model customized how you'd want.

With that kind of budget there should be no obstacle to getting what you want.
honestly i really like the ml shape, since i can play it bot hacross my legs and in classical position, but my favorite headstock is a gibso nexplrer headstock or the jackson headstock or headstocks tha tae shaped like them, which dean doesnt do in their custom shop, which is why i asked here, but i think ill just wait for kiiras

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Seems impulsive. I say this because one person posted to buy production and that solidified your decision to wait 18 months.

You say the production models don’t offer the specs you want. …well what specs do you want? You did give a pretty generic list for requirements.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
they dont really have the options i want in the production model from those ocompanies and their custom shop takes more than kiiras instruments for example, my friend have one of their guitars and theyre good, but also most of the guitars dont go above 3500 euro. guess ill just go with kiiras and wait 18 months
You’re telling me jackson doesnt make a 24-fret floyd in half their model lineup?

This took about 2m to find

IMG_0868.jpeg

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You’re telling me jackson doesnt make a 24-fret floyd in half their model lineup?

This took about 2m to find

View attachment 146896
they do i just tried the warrior and didnt like it, i was just looking if anyone knows any gutiar builders that can do the shape i want, with the maximum of waiting for like 12 months

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
they do i just tried the warrior and didnt like it, i was just looking if anyone knows any gutiar builders that can do the shape i want, with the maximum of waiting for like 12 months
Go on reverb, set up alerts for dean ML floyd rose and wait. No custom shop required.

cip 123

Reaction score
Sounds like you really want the ML shape, Solar do a Euro masterbuilt series -

If you want a custom built guitar expect to wait a year at least unless their a larger factory like Kiesel

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude, I waited nearly a year just to get get some guitars painted. Custom guitars that worth anything take a while. 18 months seems downright reasonable.

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What about Kiesel? They get memed a lot but I absolutely love mine, they have your options, and they are relatively fast (8-14 weeks usually).

These two builds are $2.5k but once you've put your actual options in that will go up.

View attachment 146904View attachment 146905
i never saw anyone use their v220 althrough itt did seem intresting, i probally would get any of them if the guitar body was just mirrored, like hte shorter horn on the other side

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Check out Daemoness from Bristol, UK. I'm pretty sure most of the people in the backlog have given up by now.

There's also Vik guitars you could probably get to the top of the waiting list for a fee.
Just in case it isn't immediately evident, this poster is joking.
Please do not do this.

I'd actually second the recommendation for Kiesel. The list of established builders with small wait times is extremely short and while Kiesel does have their faults, this is exactly the kind of order they exist for.

')