Looking for death metal

Dommak89

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm looking for some new bands to listen to. I'm trying to describe what it is that I want without using too subgenres' describtions

It should be fast death metal á la Behemoth - Evangelion or Hate - Solarflesh. It may be a little melodic such as Black Dahlia Murder or Through the Eyes of the Dead - Malice, yet not really Melodic Death Metal (no In Flames etc.). It may also be a little technical such as Job For A Cowboy - Sun Eater or the Faceless - Autotheism, yet not too technical and without totally ....ed up scales (Beneath the Massacre comes to mind, so none of that).

Or in other words: fast death metal with a lots of blast beats, yet still groovy parts which optionally may have some technical influences.

I hope it's understandable what I'm looking for.

Tell me your suggestions.

Edit #1: I'm not looking to start a genre discussion. If you don't think one of those bands is death metal then I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for an explanation or discussion about that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Try:

Arsis - We Are The Nightmare

Brutal, hook-laden tech/death. Imo, some of the best out there.

Trust me, give them a chance.

Edit: James Malone & Ryan Knight = Pure Win

Dommak89

Reaction score
Already into Belphegor? If not, should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riOykB8uB_A
No I'm not, but I guess I should give them a listen. Yet it's not what I'm particularly looking for. Thanks though.

Love Necrophagist, still waiting for a new album though ...
Thanks for the other suggestions.
First Fragment sounds tight!!

Try:

Arsis - We Are The Nightmare
Totally love arsis, but just didn't mention it. Still thanks.

MatthewK

Reaction score
I'm no death metal expert or anything, but this is what popped into my mind reading your post.

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
i'm assuming you have all those classic DM bands such as Morbid Angel, Death etc?

don't miss Nocturnus eiher

for more semi-modern stuff, how about Mithras, Melechesh, Nile, Bloodbath

and then Bolzer, Ulcerate, Pyrrhon

Dommak89

Reaction score
nice!

Decrepit Birth?
Very nice!

I'm no death metal expert or anything, but this is what popped into my mind reading your post.
cool stuff!

i'm assuming you have all those classic DM bands such as Morbid Angel, Death etc?
Yes I do, at least Morbid Angel and Death are in my library.

don't miss Nocturnus eiher

for more semi-modern stuff, how about Mithras, Melechesh, Nile, Bloodbath

and then Bolzer, Ulcerate, Pyrrhon
Thanks, thats a lot of suggestions. Will listen to them when I get home.

Torture Killer
Cattle Decapitation
The Berzerker

Quo Vadis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBV1D1bgW4o

They are imho the best Death Metal band around and the spiritual successor to Death.

Also try to let a song in 6 string standard E tuning sound as heavy and evil as theirs and win a price :shred:
2KBSbP3.gif

Really? Standard E? Sounds sick!

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score

fast, melodic, not too tech, blasts, no "....ed up scales", some groovy parts

seriously, Artificial Brain fits your description down to the bone. if your post was a witness description of a murderer, i'd arrest these guys on the spot.

Dommak89

Reaction score
fast, melodic, not too tech, blasts, no "....ed up scales", some groovy parts

seriously, Artificial Brain fits your description down to the bone. if your post was a witness description of a murderer, i'd arrest these guys on the spot.
:lol: But yeah you're right!

Check out Obscura, Beyond Creation, Alterbeast, The Kennedy Veil, A Loathing Reqiuem, Soreption, Spawn Of Possession, Inferi, Gorod, Fallujah, Allegaeon and Augury
Some of those are already in my library, others I will check out. Thanks

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Monstrosity, Suffocation, Gorguts, Mid-era MA, Wretched, Deeds of Flesh, Defeated Sanity, Mithras, Cryptopsy, Iniquity, Ulcerate, Flourishing, etc.

Kind of wide net but there's fun riffs, good melodies, grooves and interesting beats to be found in all of these. If you're not down with atonality maybe give Ulcerate and Flourishing a pass but they're well worth checking out

')