looking for good IRs for a megadeth tribute band gig on a pod go

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
im looking for good irs for a megadeth tribute band gig on a pod go, i dont care if it comes with patches too involved, the gig is in like 2-3 months so i have time too to test, the albums that will be played are rust in peace, peace sells, countdown to extinction, cryptic writings, youthansia, the sick the dying and the dead, so far so good so what, dystopia, thirteen, the system has failed and endgame.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Did the podGo get the cab update that helix got recently? If so, you definitely don't need any third party IR's IMHO.

GÜMERSINDO

Reaction score
Maybe Ownhammer´s Marsh-UK collection? the 1960 models will suit for 80´s thrash sounds.

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe Ownhammer´s Marsh-UK collection? the 1960 models will suit for 80´s thrash sounds.
I think so i know megadeth always used marshall cab with v30's either dave's signature cab or 1960a or 1960b, but i never bought any irs so i dont know which ones are good

Badlander1994

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I would just copy what this guy is doing if it was me. I'm not sure how well those classic thrash tones ala Peace Sells will sit in a live mix so I'd shoot to replicate the newest album. The God's Cab IRs he is using are free too.

GÜMERSINDO

Reaction score
I think so i know megadeth always used marshall cab with v30's either dave's signature cab or 1960a or 1960b, but i never bought any irs so i dont know which ones are good
Ownhammer, Redwirez, or God´s Cab are solid options, there are free IR´s available to try. Also you can try IRs off isolated guitar tracks from the actual albums, I have one from Youthanasia.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Did the podGo get the cab update that helix got recently? If so, you definitely don't need any third party IR's IMHO.

It hasn't come to the Pod Go yet. I hope it does since the new cab update saves alot of DSP. But, I'm also thinking the Pod Go doesn't have the hardware capacity to get the update.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I personally found gods cab to be pretty boomy… I really like the GuitarHack Fredman IR’s (they’re free). There’s a free IR thread in the recording studio subforum that has a ton of stuff to choose from, too.

HjR

Reaction score
Hey,
I can highly recommend Kristian Kohle's signature IR pack by Bogren Digital.
I did a shootout with my favs from the pack, you can check below.