Looking for guitar plans

• Thread starter gheoss
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BouhZik

Reaction score
Hi!
Awesome plans, and usefull thread.
Do you have plan for an sls headstock? You know, the jackson 3-3 headstock with straight pull strings behind the nut? Since nobody (except the Jackson CS I can't afford) will build a guitar with that headstock for me, I'm probably going to do it myself with a warmoth paddle neck.
Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

turenkodenis

Reaction score
Hi!
Awesome plans, and usefull thread.
Do you have plan for an sls headstock? You know, the jackson 3-3 headstock with straight pull strings behind the nut? Since nobody (except the Jackson CS I can't afford) will build a guitar with that headstock for me, I'm probably going to do it myself with a warmoth paddle neck.
Thanks

The strings are not so straight actually. But you can modify my blueprints like you finish.

3+3 and 4+2 as a bonus

turenkodenis

Reaction score
I gotta horn in on this action. I've been making myself a little library of plans, and turning my faves into templates, but I don't have a Schecter Tempest plan.. Anyone have one? I don't see them at my local music stores, but I love the look of them.

Sorry man. Have no at this moment. Soon

Electrotimber

Reaction score
Stranberger representative was one of those people, who asked not to spread my drawing interpretations. As they have to be shared their original drawing.
Can't find it quickly. Please Google it.

Thanks you for your words. This is for why I did all this. To share with guitar lovers like me.

P.S. 8 string Talman was made for one of SSO users. So I hope someone playing on 8string Talman at this moment!

Hi and Spasiba for the plan.

I really appreciate this and would ask if someone woulds have some hipshot angled bridge in three different angle. I got it direct from Tech Support Hipshot. But I have to say that The file is a pdf but not scaled at proper dimension. If someone is able to convert it with some software as Illustrator it will be great.

I fell in love of a Padalka CS headstok drawing. I would like to have information about a 7 string model.

Many Many thanks again.

Bye

Electrotimber

Reaction score
I did one attempt; I just printed it as normal as they sent me on an A4 sheet format and all the drawing dimension was about 1/3 of the normal dimension (like should be) . The width of the sidely part was only 13 mm instead of 38 mm .that's all.

turenkodenis

Reaction score
I made my blueprints in 1:1 scale on one page because I have an access to really big plotter.
All you need, guys, is to set-up your printer software properly.
If someone of you have some problems with it i can help to split 1:1 scale blueprint into few A4 pages PDF file.

turenkodenis

Reaction score
I really appreciate this and would ask if someone woulds have some hipshot angled bridge in three different angle. I got it direct from Tech Support Hipshot. But I have to say that The file is a pdf but not scaled at proper dimension. If someone is able to convert it with some software as Illustrator it will be great.

I made some blueprints of angled bridges from HipShot's official PDFs a month ago actually. Tell me what problem do you have with them? Maybe I can help.

Electrotimber

Reaction score
Like I said in my previously post, I have printed the pdf file just as I got and it was not scaled. it would be glad to bring it to its real dimension. I try now to attach the file.

Electrotimber

Reaction score
here we go

Attachments

• Hipshot 7 string bridge FANNED FRET.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 110

turenkodenis

Reaction score
here we go

Now I see. Sorry just checked and I have detail blueprints for all 8string angled Hipshots only.

But I made a quick A4 format mockup for you:
11 degree
18 degree
26 degree

You can check the diminutions on the example of the bridge width. It's 1.5 inches or 38.1 millimetres (you can see it perfectly on 26 degree PDF).

Don't forget to setup your printer to 100% filling page.

Best,
Den

Electrotimber

Reaction score
I guess that you have not vectorialised the drawing because if I enlarge the zoom the lines loose their continuity.

I guess you should use such program like illustrator and after you redimension the drawing, than have to rastorize the image and save it as pdf format. Please if you are able to transform this file it will be much needed.

turenkodenis

Reaction score
Yes you are right. I have only 8 string bridges in vector as I told earlier.
But I definitely need to make all versions.
Will let you know. Be sure.

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
So, when you print these, will they print on multiple pages to full size scale?

Yes. If it's a PDF, select 'Poster' for the layout in the print dialog box, and make sure it's 100% zoom so it's actual size. SVG and DWG files are similar in the way they're plotted, but it depends on the software you're using.

Electrotimber

Reaction score
Yes. If it's a PDF, select 'Poster' for the layout in the print dialog box, and make sure it's 100% zoom so it's actual size. SVG and DWG files are similar in the way they're plotted, but it depends on the software you're using.

I guess you are wrong because all depend from the origin file. It doesn't matter if you choose "poster" from your local print menu. You can enlarge whatever you want nut the vector file remain the same. In this case the drawings were too little.

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
Sorry, just speaking from experience with PDF, not vector images. I only have Inkscape, I know there is a way to plot a multiple page printout with it but I haven't got it figured out yet.

Reaction score
Hey, for those with the need for vector drawing software, Autodesk is offering FREE complete licences for Students and Teatchers. Just fill the online forms and you're good to go. Each Licence is valid for 3 years and 2 computers, but I guess one can always find a way to extend them? There you go, no excuse now, go AutoCAD...

')