Looking for some Anime.

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Cut and Paste from the last thread:

Mech-type stuff:
Patlabor
Brain Powered
Escaflowne
SDFMacross/Marcoss Plus/Macross Zero

Comedy:
Ranma 1/2
Maison Ikkoku
Kimagure Orange Road
Oh My Goddess!
El Hazard
Tenchi Muyo
Lost Universe
Urusei Yatsura(if you have A LOT of free time lol)

Fantasy/RPG:
The Record Of Lodoss Wars(the OAV rivals classical fantasy writing, IMO)
The Slayers(silly, but fun as hell)
Magic Knights Rayearth(TV is girly, OAV is a bit darker)

Futuristic, Scifi, Cyber-punk, etc:
Armitage III
BubbleGum Crisis(I prefer the original "2032" to the 2040 remake)
Appleseed
Cowboy Bebop
Iria: Zeiram the Animation
Gunbuster

Other:
Noir
Saber Marrionette J
Samurai 7(re-take of The Seven Samurai)
You're Under Arrest

I'm not a Neon Genesis fan, I don't like the way Anno ends his shows(Gunbuster's the only one I like the end of, Nadia he left before the ending and that helped that show), and there are better mech anime out there, IMO.There's a parody of it out there, "Dual: Parallel Trouble Adventure", where the guy who did Tenchi Muyo pokes fun at NGE(and mech anime in general). That series is great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Oh my god, I havent even heard the words Tenchi Muyo in ages

Also : if you can find it, there was what I consider to be an awesome anime from back when Toonami was good called "Outlaw Star" look for that

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Monster was great, or atleast the manga was, so the anime ought to be pretty damn good.

I have always had to balance super seriours manga/anime with light hearted ones.

liquidcow

Reaction score
Im in the mood for some Anime to get, unfortunately my knowledge is pretty limited :lol:

I love stuff like Hellsing (Original and the remake), GunGrave, Deathnote, DBZ :lol:, Ghost In The Shell, Naruto, One Piece, Perfect Blue etc...

Any suggestions?
Cheers :)

Oh, and i could never quite get into Evangelion... dont know why :scratch:

If you liked Perfect Blue, the director did a TV series called Paranoia Agent which is very good.

Also, I hated Evangelion but I did like Serial Experiments Lain. It's completely mental though, like David Lynch meets William Gibson.

A lot of people rave about this one called Monster. It's very long (72 episodes I think) but apparently it's very good. I got about 25 episodes in and it seemed good if you have the time.

I started on this samurai one called Shigurui which looked awesome. I only got a couple of episodes in but I need to finish it. Probably not to everyone's taste as it's very slow and strange.

There's one called Mononoke (not to be confused with Princess Mononoke) which is apparently very good, never seen it myself though.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I love anything and everything Gundam, Z Gundam especially is really good, as is Gundam Wing.

Code Geass has been running for awhile on Adult Swim and I've got to say that it is quite awesome! Lots of twists and turns to keep you interested. I also recommend Berserk, Gungrave, Detroit Metal City, FLCL, and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to say, i had some friends who raved about Bezerk... i just couldn't get into it :s I dunno, the characters and character design justdidnt do it for me. Gungrave on the other hand :evil: and Gundam Wing... TROWA BARTON FTFW!!

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Berserk was awesome, but Gungrave was the awesomest anime I've ever seen. I watched all 13 hours start to finish in one day :lol:
Trigun is also awesome. Record of Lodoss War is classic, that was probably the first anime I've ever watched start to finish.
Elfen Lied though.. that sucked hard. A retarded amount of fan service in that one..

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Elfen Lied though.. that sucked hard. A retarded amount of fan service in that one..

Yeah, true. I heard a shitload of recommendations so I watched it. Rather disappointing IMO, it had it's moments but I didn't like it much overall.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Seen too many anime to even consider a recomendation...

...try Nodame Cantible. The last one I saw (I liked the drama better though)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, one guy fucked a chick with his 6 dicks! That's not really "Mild", not to mention I doubt there's usually that much sacrificing in other hentai

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
I've been watching N・H・Kにようこそ! lately, it seems pretty fun. Apparently the anime has been cleaned a bit though.

')