Looking for some Good Power Metal

• Thread starter MorbidAddiction
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
So wait, he asks for down-tuned powermetal, and not a single person mentions Deris era Helloween.

SHAME ON YOUS GAIZ

Of course, ANYTHING Kai Hanson has touched turns to gold. Including all of the following:

Gamma Ray

Blind Guardian

Stormwarrior

Avantasia

Helloween

Pretty much all of powermetal has roots in this man. Gotta think, he's been doing it as long as ANOTHER famous metal band we all know (metallica), but he's never slowed down or stopped cranking out metal hits.

A few others:

Hibria

Magician

Metallium

Manticora

Pharaoh (Tim A from Control Denied on vox)

Persuader (singer sounds more like Hansi from Blind Guardian than Hansi does)

Savage Circus (DRUMMER of Blind Guardian quits BG, hooks up with fore-said singer that sounds just like Hansi. Proceeds to release a better Blind Guardian album than Blind Guardian does at the time.)

I have to stop there, because youtube just started bugging on me. I can post more later. I HEART powermetal.

Darknut

Reaction score
Angra - nothing to say (song)

Blind guardian - A night at the opera (whole fucking album)

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Savage Circus (DRUMMER of Blind Guardian quits BG, hooks up with fore-said singer that sounds just like Hansi. Proceeds to release a better Blind Guardian album than Blind Guardian does at the time.)

Truth. I don't know how many times I've listened to this particular song.

gulli05

Music/Guitar Addict
Reaction score
Most of what I post would be considered Progressive/Symphonic/Power Metal (whatever you want to call it), but yeah, enjoy!

Darkology

Beyond Twilight

Sons of Seasons

Kamelot

Dreyeland

Outworld

')