Looking for some help on this Mesa amp

• Thread starter roofcrash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

roofcrash

Reaction score
Hi. I found this amp online at a good price, owner does not know to give additional information on the head. Can anyone tell me what year this head was made and if it has any pros or cons? How do you look to see if modds were made to the amp ?Any other info is much appreciated. Thanks

0yNFSfU.jpg

TGZhLFA.jpg

fFqmUsM.jpg

4DGorq4.jpg

zC4fBq1.jpg

7pA5vGJ.jpg

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
I own the same model, and mine was made somewhere in the mid 2000''s according to the guy I bought it from. From what I understand it's a bit difficult to date exactly when it was made. As far as I know,they went from 2 to 3 channel around 2000. You might can email Mesa and they might be able to tell you. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mesa's are built like tanks.

That is a 3 channel pre Reborn series recto. The Reborn series was introduced in 2010 I believe, and are multi watt.

These seem to have a fizz that some people say they don't hear with an older 2 channel, and the Reborns have cleaned up a bit. Looking at the pictures, it looks stock.

The biggest and really only "Con" I have with mine is the initial popping I get when I change channels. To avoid it I just run through the channels really quickly before it warms up, no problems afterwards.

They do need to be opened up a bit to sound their best, but with these you can get really good tones at lower volumes by engaging the loop, and fiddling with the wet dry levels, and using the output volume as a master.

I love mine, and would have to pry it from my cold dead hands in order to get rid of it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Yeah, just looks like a standard 3-channel dual recto. Those are one of the most common, and thus, one of the cheapest versions available out there. Looks to be in good condition. It is not common to mod these, except maybe the serial loop mod, but they would probably know it if that was done.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I wouldnt stress too much about fizz. I tend to run Presence at max around where the fizz cuts off and the fizz pretty much blends in once the amp is opened up (opened up = around a loud stage volume, haha!).

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
I wouldnt stress too much about fizz. I tend to run Presence at max around where the fizz cuts off and the fizz pretty much blends in once the amp is opened up (opened up = around a loud stage volume, haha!).

Agreed. The fizz isn't as bad you might think. I actually like it, makes the amp sound a little more aggressive.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Its Pre-2010 for sure. Models made after 2010 have more switches in the back for switching between 50 and 100 watts.