Looking for the right Ibanez model

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
I'm looking for something with a 25.5" scale, mahogany body, extra jumbo/jumbo frets, fixed bridge, passive pickups(ill be swapping them so idc if they're stock), a flat black finish and bubinga stripes on the neck. Does this guitar exist? Lol I know the K-7 is just about everything I'm looking for but I've never been crazy about signature models. Specs are great but I'm real picky if you can't already tell lol. Id appreciate some suggestions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are a handful of JCRG models that fit the specs, minus bridge, but locking trems in place is cheap and easy.
The RG15271MBOL fits your needs EXACTLY, but they're very hard to come by. The current ARZ307 fits too, if you don't mind loosing .5" in scale. If you're fine with something a little crazy shaped, the XPT707FX is a shoe in as well.

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
Thanks man ill look into it, and I actually meant the Apex model not the k-7 although they're pretty similar I guess.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
There are a handful of JCRG models that fit the specs, minus bridge, but locking trems in place is cheap and easy.
The RG15271MBOL fits your needs EXACTLY, but they're very hard to come by. The current ARZ307 fits too, if you don't mind loosing .5" in scale. If you're fine with something a little crazy shaped, the XPT707FX is a shoe in as well.

Is mine supposed to have a Bubinga stripe on the neck? It doesn't, haha.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it wasn't over 2 grand and didn't say "apex" on the fretboard id just buy that model.

Grab a used one for half the price, they come up all the time. Though, the one that says "Apex" is the cheaper model anyway.

Is mine supposed to have a Bubinga stripe on the neck? It doesn't, haha.

Which one is yours and what year? The JCRG7s from the late 90's/early 00's had the bubinga stripe.

Rotatous

Reaction score
Why are signature models such a no no? Worried someone will mistake you for a Korn fan?

If he's anything like me he probably just doesn't want some random name on his fretboard, and with the more expensive model - a bunch of stars and a 69 :lol:

That being said, necks are always replaceable.

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
^^^My thoughts exactly^^^. Nah man I've loved Korn since my younger days and still support them with no shame. I just don't necesarilly want "K-7" in crazy text or "apex" writtin across the fretboard. I'm just a picky dude lol. I will say though if the apex came in the bbk finish and wasn't over 2 grand id buy it. I usually like neck-thru ESP and Schecters with 707 actives but I'm looking for something a little different.