Looking for virtual exercise+diet partners

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm doing better on the meal thing; although I wouldn't call them all meals, I've been eating 5 times a day instead of the standard 3. Haven't missed a beat with working out either, though yesterday was rough. 3 miles on rollerblades, and the streets are kinda rough here. So my ankles hurt!

haha good :D remember, no snacks in between, a chewing gum is as bad as a pizza. nothing between the meals! *raises the ruler* haha :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
Chewing gum...that is really splitting hairs, while we're at it let's break down micronutrient intake and pick out certain meats for specific proteins

...kidding. Just remember that you don't want sugar (other than dextrose post workout), you don't want salt and you don't want saturated fats. You don't want to spend more than 45 minutes weight lifting nor do you want to workout for more than 90 minutes without some protein supplementation (EAA or BCAA would be good instead of whey).

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
As noted in the other thread, I am looking to get a bike very soon. The running and rollerblading may have a more immediate impact, but as far as sticking with something that I enjoy, biking is the way to go.
Back in high school (15 years ago) we'd spend every day of our summer riding 20-30 miles a day, at about that speed (20mph).
I miss it dearly, and would even like to compete someday in roadracing. Obviously that's a long ways off, but it's a goal.

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
20-30 miles a day? Wow, that must have been something. I enjoy biking myself, so that definitely sounds like fun.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Count me in, too, as this was one of my new year's resolutions. I'm in the same boat as Jeff, just at an even 6'0 - I used to be a consistant 165-175, yet as of christmas between getting no excersize and drinking about a bottle of wine a day for our cork wall, I was up to 190.

Caveats -

1.) I eat a relatively balanced diet, but I'm not making drastic changes in the interest of losing weight. Tehk, I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but I'm not having four egg whites and two egg yolks for breakfast because simply I enjoy food and am not about to sacrifice that. Rather, I'll make changes in the quantity of food I eat (I'm sure I eat more than I need to), I'll focus on having healthy snacks, and I'll focus on getting more excersize (I too love biking and am in the market for a road bike).

2.) I have mono, so no excersize above walking for at least another three weeks.

3.) #2 is probably going to lose me a few pounds, however - I think I've lost a bit of weight in the week I was off work.

4.) I don't own a scale, and I think my female roommates would kill me if I brought one into the house. :lol:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have clamped down on my eating as of this week.

Breakfast and dinner are my 2 best meals. Breakfast egg whites and oatmeal Dinner chicken breast with steamed veggies :D

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
No worries Drew, I too am a lover of food (in terms of tastes). I actually work at a restaurant and am currently apprenticing to going into a culinary career. Fortunately, my taste buds haven't disappeared because of this thing ;).

After I reach my strength/size goals, I'm going to eat normally once again (5-6 meals still, but normal wholesome foods). I'm simply temporarily sacrificing taste to achieve my goals much faster (say 1 year or less), rather then 2+ years.

In a weird way, I really enjoy it. Not necessarily the taste, but the experience of it all. I'm always open to trying new things, and this was one of the newer things that stuck with me :).

P.S. I'm getting really, REALLY sick of tuna and cottage cheese. Oats will be next on the list! Ironically, I had tuna and cottage cheese for lunch earlier today, lol.

thedownside

Reaction score
so this week i finally weighed myself to get my starting point, 220 on the dot. and this was my first week of trying to really watch what i eat and when. still trying to figure out the best times for me to eat, and get used to eating that often (i used to go 2-3 big meals a day, with allot of pop, and snacks). i'm at around 4-5 meals a day now, the past few have actually been good, around 15% fat, 15% carbs and the rest as protien. still working on getting some fruits and veggies on the go... smoothies have been good for some of it.

my body has been kicking my ass though. i'm used to alllllllllot of sugar and cafine (no coffee, but energy drinks) daily, and now that it isnt getting that, headaches are coming on later in the day. i found Green Jolt though (i love the blue stuff) lotsa caffine, but no sugar or calories, so thats been my fix the past couple of days.

how can i figure out how many calories i should be eating though? my calorie count has been pretty low (i've many times eaten a greco party pizza in one sitting, i can consume massive calories) it's been around 1500-2000 a day, which to me is pretty low. but i've not been able to finish meals sometimes cause i'm too full!!! something isnt adding up for me, lol.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
my body has been kicking my ass though. i'm used to alllllllllot of sugar and cafine (no coffee, but energy drinks) daily, and now that it isnt getting that, headaches are coming on later in the day. i found Green Jolt though (i love the blue stuff) lotsa caffine, but no sugar or calories, so thats been my fix the past couple of days.

Try black coffee. I THINK coffee with nothing added is calorie free, and unlike Green Jolt, which I'm sure is loaded with all sorts of preservatives and chemicals, it's actually not bad for you.

thedownside

Reaction score
Try black coffee. I THINK coffee with nothing added is calorie free, and unlike Green Jolt, which I'm sure is loaded with all sorts of preservatives and chemicals, it's actually not bad for you.

i hate hate hate coffee :) I'll stick to the green jolt for now... the little bit of bad stuff in Jolt is nothing compared to the amount i'm used to consuming :D

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't trust people who don't drink coffee. :squint:

lmao, I drink coffee occasionally...like the night before I have an assignment due in and I want to go overboard with finishing touches, I don't sleep.

I've also started drinking it before I work out :yesway:

')