Looking for virtual exercise+diet partners

thedownside

Reaction score
woohoo, my first update. it's been about 9 solid days of work now, with a couple of cheats, and no excerise (started rollerblading, but not enough to get a workout, just getting the feel for it again). So after 9 day i bought a scale and jumped on it today... 11.2lbs gone :) i was 221.5, now i'm down to 210.3... and very happy :D next goal... 200

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
Congrats! :). My weight has gone up a little as well, again in the good way. My strength however, has gone way up! Woo, lol.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I've started a steady loss of 4lbs over the course of 2 weeks which is the kind of thing I've been aiming for.

I've started excercising more and paying attention to what I eat and, just as importantly, if not more, when I eat.

2lbs a week is about right (or so I've read...and trust me, I've spent a lot of time reading around the subject after going through this thread a fortnight ago) for my weightloss goal.

I know the recommended daily amount of steps you should take is 10,000...well, this week I've worked over 51 hours and walked upto 40,000 steps a day doing 10,000 steps in one go if it is particularly busy at work.

Just goes to show how much a lil motivation from your online buddies really goes :metal:

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
Just goes to show how much a lil motivation from your online buddies really goes

I guess so :). It's really good that you've been doing your research, and congrats on your progress so far.

For weight loss, exercise is only second to proper dieting, however, fat loss would not work if you lacked either one. Depending on your body fat%, 2lbs a week is a text-book number, very good :). Of course, say if you had 40% body fat, you would loose a lot more then 2lbs a week, but for an average person, 2lbs a week is good.

When I was cutting, I lost about 1-2lbs a week, which is good for my body type. After 1 month, I had dropped from about 185lbs to about 172-175lbs, which was a nightmare!!!!!! I was afraid that all of my muscle mass that I had worked so hard to put on during the last 4-5 months were vanishing. But, after a few seconds of critical thinking, I realized that most of the weight was water weight - due to the water retention side effects of creatine monohydrate. By the end of my cut cycle, about 2 months, in terms of body fat, I looked great! But! I was too small in my opinion. Various muscle groups weren't as large as I thought they would be. So, that's why I'm bulking again :).

It turns out, I didn't lose any of my strength, which is good. That's my little story :D.

Anywhoo, my little extra advise would be, if you see a good idea with solid evidence/facts behind it, put it to the test. Who knows, it might work well for you. I don't think any of us are competing, so a little experimentation won't hurt - as long as you do it safely and you have a good idea of what you're doing. For me, I'm going to cut within the next few weeks or so for 2-3 weeks. I read that this helps with metabolism levels in general and helps stabilize your triglycerides for your next bulk phase. Not too shabby :).

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, I was at my parents' place over the weekend, so I got to weight myself. I've dropped (thanks to both excersize at the beginning of the summer, and my highly effective mono-induced diet of lying on the couch and drinking milkshakes) down from the low 190's to 183 as of this weekend.

Obviously, I still have my work ahead of me (I want to be visually thinner than I am, and end up somewhere in the low 170's), but I visibly look better than I did (it was starting to show in my face, looking back at vacation pics), and I weigh about ten pounds less, so cool. :)

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I ate 8 hotdogs the other day, but thanks to smoking again I'm actually losing weight. We should all start the JJ Rodriguez diet, gorge on shitty "food" and smoke your brains out :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I ate 8 hotdogs the other day, but thanks to smoking again I'm actually losing weight. We should all start the JJ Rodriguez diet, gorge on shitty "food" and smoke your brains out :lol:

Excuse me while I pass. ;)

I just bought a scale, so I can provide slightly more accurate progress reports now. :yesway:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Holding steady at 180, but I haven't had time to do jack shit lately. :/

thedownside

Reaction score
i havent done anything either, just watched what i ate allot. in the next month or so i'll be back in the gym. it's been too hot to even rollerblade lately, so band practice is my only excersie right now, haha

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
6th day into my second cutting phase. 1 more week to go :). I just wanted to shed off some fat that I have gained from my bulk (quite minimal). Plus, I've read that it helps with the bulking phase because it'll "shock" your body, and encourage it to adapt (One of the many philosophies of the "300" Spartan training regime, lol).

This way, I'll be able to stay relatively lean all year round, without jeopardizing my results, but rather to encourage my size/strength gains :).

Its kinda like.. repeatedly experiencing newbie gains allll over again (Which is awesome)

Here are some results I've had so far:
End of Cut 1: 1 Rep Max
Squat: 275lbs
Deadlift: 315lbs
Bench Press: 225lbs
Bent Over Row: 185lbs

End of Bulk 2 (2 months approx): 1 Rep Max
Squat: 315lbs (+40lbs!!!!)
Deadlift: 365lbs (+50lbs!!!!!!)
Bench Press: 240lbs (+15lbs)
Bent Over Row: 275lbs (+90lbs!!!!! I was reaaaaally shocked here)

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Good gains.

Prepare to stall on bench gains for the next year though :lol:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score

I haven't done shit. :lol:

I've been so incredibly exhausted that working out has been the last thing on my mind.

Newborns are a pain in the ass! :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter, but getting up at 12am, 2am, and 4am kills me.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I haven't done shit. :lol:

I've been so incredibly exhausted that working out has been the last thing on my mind.

Newborns are a pain in the ass! :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter, but getting up at 12am, 2am, and 4am kills me.

Diet is at 70% plus ;) Hang in there

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
It's going well for me...

I've lost 13lbs so far through eating the proper food and at the correct intervals...that and started going to the gym :) I still want to lose another 8lbs before I get back to University in little over a month, I think I can manage it.

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
Well judging from your progress so far, 8lbs or so doesn't sound too difficult. Just hang in there, and all your hard work will pay off :).

')