Looking to buy an 8 string please help!

• Thread starter c0r3f1ght3r
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey I've been looking at some 8 strings for a while, and have pretty much decieded on a Agile, I'm wondering though on rondomusic Agile Intrepid 828 MN Dark Burst at RondoMusic.com
this guitar right here seems like a good deal for someone getting into 8 strings. The pickup looks to be the exact same as whats in the intrepid dual 828s. The only thing that bothers me is the bridge, it says Cepheus "Bridge 8" Bridge. On the other guitar I was looking at
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 MN Bloodburst at RondoMusic.com
the bridge is an Agile 8, What I will be doing with this guitar is just dropping the F# to a E like AFL. Just wondering if its worth it in the long run to go for the pro rather then the cheap one, because this will probably be the only guitar I'll own for a while. I just sold my Ibanez RG7420, and I had no problem playing that guitar I can even reach alot farther than the 7th string so I'm hoping the necks on these Agiles will be somewhat similar to Ibanez, because I do not like logs... Feedback would be much appreciated, and if anyone has an 8 to sell Ill look at it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I don't want a 10 string... My spending is maxed to 700$ USD. So I'm just trying to figure out the best deal for the Agile selections.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Agile used to use Hipshot bridges, and I thought there was only one Rondo eight-string Hipshot-style bridge.

I don't think there's a difference, but you can write directly to Rondo and ask.

If you actually have the cash in hand, I suggest you check the Rondo website frequently, and sign up for their newsletter. The current shipment has been coming into Rondo over the past month, and there are often B-stock guitars which appear at a discount soon after issues come to light. Often there are guitars with cosmetic problems, or minor issues. You will be able to buy much more guitar than you expect, should the right guitar present itself.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I just subscribed to the newsletter and emailed rondo about bstock. If anything I'll probably end up buying the Agile Intrepid dual 828, because the only difference i notice in the Pro is that it has neck thru, and I guess another type of neck finish, but I will keep an eye out. Thing is I'm leaving to south america soon for some time so I'm tryin to get one before that.

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
sorry!! i was excited coz i liked those guitars but he makes 8 strings hheheheheeh

')