Looking to buy my first 7-string, and would like som recommendations.

JonasOmen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As the title says. I've been wanting to buy a 7-string for a while, and have finally decided to go through with it, and I have a budget of 1000€.

Thing is, if I'm gonna spend that much money, I want to make sure that what I'm really meets up with my preferences. I'm mostly only a bedroom guitarist, but whenever I practice I usually which through multiple tunings, because I think "Hey, why not play this song now". I just don't want that to be a hassle, where the tuning will sound garbage if you don't spend half an hour adjusting the bridge...

Is this possible? Or should I just suck it up and accept it?

Also, if you have any recommendations for guitars at around that price, it'd be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
What do you like to play? What style guitars do you like? Preferences for bridges? Do you want humbuckers? Do you want hard tail or trem? Do you want fries with that shake? How low do you plan on tuning? Where are you located so we know your purchasing options?

Tom odd 7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a budget of 1000€.
Thing is, if I'm gonna spend that much money, I want to make sure that what I'm really meets up with my preferences. I'm mostly only a bedroom guitarist, but whenever I practice I usually which through multiple tunings, because I think "Hey, why not play this song now". I just don't want that to be a hassle, where the tuning will sound garbage if you don't spend half an hour adjusting the bridge...
Hi, if you plan to change tuning & string gauge often, and don't wan't to spend hours to adjust settings I suggest you to go with a fixed bridge.

JonasOmen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What do you like to play? What style guitars do you like? Preferences for bridges? Do you want humbuckers? Do you want hard tail or trem? Do you want fries with that shake? How low do you plan on tuning? Where are you located so we know your purchasing options?
I switch between metalcore and thrash, sometimes power and death metal. I don't know a lot about hardware, but I'd like to avoid floyd rose. I'm okay with not having a tremolo. Yes, I would like some fries with the shake. The lowest i usually go on my 6-string is drop C, but sometimes to drop B. I'm from Denmark, and would be okay with importing from, say Germany.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Maybe a 26.5 inch scale guitar would be wise, for tuning flexibilty. It allows you to easily downtune.

If you are willing to spend about 10% more, maybe a PRS Holcomb 7. Really nice guitar for the money, from what I hear. I've never played one.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
•what brands are your other guitars? Which brand is your fav/go to?

•Have you considered using a digitech drop tune pedal? Much easier than having to deal with adjustments and floppy strings. Stay intonated perfectly and use pedal to downtune

Schecter has 26.5” scale 7s, but thick C shape necks IMO

Ibanez has RGD 26.5” scale/XL 27” scale with one of the thinnest 7 necks available

PRS has a 26.5” scale a d 25” scale 7s that fit nicely in the middle between Ibanez and schecter as far as thickness in my opinion.

I have played nothing but Ibanez 7 strings since 1999, with the exception of adding PRS 7s here and there. Those get my votes personally.

Jinn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ibanez RGIXL7, Shecter Banshee Mach 7 (if you can find one used for a good price), Jackson b7 (again if you can find one for a good price)

As the title says. I've been wanting to buy a 7-string for a while, and have finally decided to go through with it, and I have a budget of 1000€.

Is this possible? Or should I just suck it up and accept it?

Also, if you have any recommendations for guitars at around that price, it'd be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

toner

Contributor
Reaction score
A used japan RG7620 Ibanez is always a good bet. I, and many professional players, do Drop A and Drop G perfectly fine on these 25.5" scale guitars. If you don't like the trem it's easy to block off. good luck!

')