Looking to change the look of my guitar and i need help

• Thread starter himself138
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

himself138

Reaction score
i have a esp mh-417 and im looking to get it to look like the sc 607 natural finish. i found a website call sims custom shop but i saw on this site to stay away from him. if anyone can point me in the rite direction that would be great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Berserker

Reaction score
Yours is mahogany and the 607 is alder so it won't look the same. The 607 also has a top on it but yours won't so you'll have a lighter stripe where the maple neck thru joins.

If that doesn't put you off, grab a random orbital sander and do it yourself!

Edit: Looks like I was talking sh*t, the natural 607 body is mahogany. You'd still have the maple stripe running through it though.

himself138

Reaction score
Yours is mahogany and the 607 is alder so it won't look the same. The 607 also has a top on it but yours won't so you'll have a lighter stripe where the maple neck thru joins.

If that doesn't put you off, grab a random orbital sander and do it yourself!

Edit: Looks like I was talking sh*t, the natural 607 body is mahogany. You'd still have the maple stripe running through it though.

yeah the back of the 607 haves a maple strip going through it. but have you heard anything about that sims custom shop by anychance?

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Man, sim's does some fantastic work... Its such a shame hes such an ass hat.

If you want to see your guitar in a year or so, then feel free to send it to him.

Berserker

Reaction score
yeah the back of the 607 haves a maple strip going through it. but have you heard anything about that sims custom shop by anychance?

As long as you're happy with the front of yours looking like that, it's cool, but obviously quite different to the 607.

I have no personal experience of Sims, only what I've read... and it ain't good.

It really wouldn't be hard to do this yourself: just some sand paper (random orbital sander ideally), a lot of elbow grease and some tru oil and you'd be pretty close without spending hundreds.

')