Looking to discover new HEAVY bands in C standard!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheStig1214

Mr. Tophat Jones
Reaction score
Sleep was mentioned. Also Baroness' first album was pretty damn heavy and it's in Drop A#, which is the "drop D" for C standard.

Most of The Sword's catalog is in C standard.

Kyuss

The heavier side of QOTSA's catalog is C standard ("Songs for the Deaf" namely, most of that is C standard)

akinari

Reaction score
Gorguts on "Obscura" and "From Wisdom to Hate." I think Cathedral tuned to C after Forest of Equilibrium.

I Voyager

Reaction score
They typically play drop B & have a few songs in C# but tune at 430mhz which is slightly flat.

Actually they tune slightly sharp of C#/Drop B on their last 3 albums and Burn My Eyes. Everything else is play old drop B.

#tuningpolice :/

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
Actually they tune slightly sharp of C#/Drop B on their last 3 albums and Burn My Eyes. Everything else is play old drop B.

#tuningpolice :/

Really?

Well, you can't blame me for trying. I wasn't far off. :ugh:

TheStig1214

Mr. Tophat Jones
Reaction score
I only know a few tracks from age of winters but they are all drop C...

The songs are so simple you could probably play them either way. Warp Riders and Gods of the Earth are almost entirely C standard. I'd say about half of Apocryphon is C standard and the other half is drop C.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Not if he wants to learn more music that is in the same tuning as he is. Gives you more scope for what can be done.
Personally, I've never worried about tuning, unless it's a radically altered tuning. I just play whatever I want in my preferred tuning, which is D standard. A lot of the bands whose songs I'm learning right now just happen to be in D standard also, but for those who aren't, I just play it normally and don't care about the fact that it's in a different key.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Personally, I've never worried about tuning, unless it's a radically altered tuning. I just play whatever I want in my preferred tuning, which is D standard. A lot of the bands whose songs I'm learning right now just happen to be in D standard also, but for those who aren't, I just play it normally and don't care about the fact that it's in a different key.

I really enjoy turning up my stereo and playing along with my cds. So that's why I always like to know a few bands that play in the same tuning as me. It's like I'm in a band!
ForeverAlone.gif

')