Looking to Join/Start Band [Melbourne-ish Guitarist]

• Thread starter MorbidAddiction
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MorbidAddiction

Reaction score
Sorry for crappy add; currently preoccupied.

Equipment:

Guitar: I own a Custom 7 String Ibanez Universe/RG1527 hybrid kinda...
AMP: Line 6 Spider 2 75/120 Watt - Yeah its not the best, but it works and am looking to upgrade in future.

Experince:

Been playing about 5-7 years with little Live experince, mainly jam bands that got a few gigs.

Influence:
I'm into mostly melodic death; along the lines of Scar Symmetry, Dimmu Borgir, Soilwork, Darkane, Egde of Sanity,Ternimal Function, Sybreed, Meshuggah etc etc but am really into anything (Kaipa, Allan Holdsworth, Greg Howie, Steve Vai, The Doors, Talking Heads, Tool, Karnivool etc etc etc); not really metalcore and that kind of stuff though.

I'm looking for any type of band really - I'd love to get some experience with Jazz fusion and all the way to death metal...

I'd love to start/join a band into the Whole Death Metal with Keys... if anything sums up the stuff I love it would be Scar Symmetry's Pitch Black Progress Album (though all their albums are awesome).

Info:
Hi I've recently moved to a place outside Melbourne (near Sunbury) I've been playing guitar for around 5-7 years (Can't remember exactly) I bought a seven string awhile back and loving it; looking to get some experience in a band as I haven't really had one - just few jam bands that got a few gigs here and there.

PM me if interested; :shred:

P.S sorry if this ad is incorrectly posted.:wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Ive had no reply so far though, are you from melb too? Ive done a course at box hill tafe in jazz contemporary performance blah blah blah

Im into anything from jazz to djent and anything in between. would love to catch up with anyone for a jam etc.

anyone feel free to call or message me If you are interested

cheers - theo

Tomo009

Reaction score
Mentioning Darkane + living clsoe to me = win, however it seems you've disappeared and I'm probably not up to the standard you're looking for anyway.

MorbidAddiction

Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry guys, I lost the internet for now; at uni using theirs... getting net soon though.

Argh yeah, I'm looking for anyone, Um... I'm open to jamming; you can contact my at home (no moblie atm)

03 five-472-eight-554-seven.

I live just outside clarkefield, able to have prac at my place since its pretty much a farm.

Sorry for late replies! theo - I added you on facebook lol.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
are you wyatt? ah lame, thats a fair while away from me man, im out belgrave way

MorbidAddiction

Reaction score
Yes I am, and yes you are far away; maybe sometimes possible to meet somewhere in the middle? I dunno...

I really want to do some music; I think the Melbourne metal scene has gone down hill - a lot of bands that are just like job for a cowboy stuff, and the good bands don't get enough gigs (or aren't advertised online, though I'm probably not looking hard enough), or aren't able to gig (Synthetic Breed).

I pretty much want to play something along the lines of Sci-Fi Death Metal haha; Drop A seven string, riff metal (i.e not just tempo picked notes, more catchy riffing) with synth keyboards, growley vocals and stuff. Maybe even that kind of 'epic' long intros and middle64's (stead of 8 :scratch:) or whatever.

But really anything...

:shred:

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Sounds right up my alley! Yeah dude, I go to RMIT uni one week a month, do you have a mobile number I can contact you on?

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Yes I am, and yes you are far away; maybe sometimes possible to meet somewhere in the middle? I dunno...

I really want to do some music; I think the Melbourne metal scene has gone down hill - a lot of bands that are just like job for a cowboy stuff, and the good bands don't get enough gigs (or aren't advertised online, though I'm probably not looking hard enough), or aren't able to gig (Synthetic Breed).

I pretty much want to play something along the lines of Sci-Fi Death Metal haha; Drop A seven string, riff metal (i.e not just tempo picked notes, more catchy riffing) with synth keyboards, growley vocals and stuff. Maybe even that kind of 'epic' long intros and middle64's (stead of 8 :scratch:) or whatever.

But really anything...

:shred:

are we talking something along the lines of the faceless? because that's what I'm reading into this :p Love the faceless btw

MorbidAddiction

Reaction score
More 'tamed' riffing. More structured compositional. Dislike vocals from faceless, find them too aggressive, I dunno what it is, but not really into them and prefer Opeth style vocals and music to be a more 80's - 90's rock/metal approach to riffing - though defiantly have pieces that break out into that style, but I like to think of it in terms of drumming:
- You can blast beat the shit out of a song, but then you can't apply it to have that effect of heaviness in contrast to the song. If that makes sense to anyone haha. Using it constantly makes it lose its appeal.

Same could be said for compositional uses for 'breakdowns', 'poly rhythmics' etc etc... its all about contrast to me ;)

Sorry if this disappoints you :ugh:.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
More 'tamed' riffing. More structured compositional. Dislike vocals from faceless, find them too aggressive, I dunno what it is, but not really into them and prefer Opeth style vocals and music to be a more 80's - 90's rock/metal approach to riffing - though defiantly have pieces that break out into that style, but I like to think of it in terms of drumming:
- You can blast beat the shit out of a song, but then you can't apply it to have that effect of heaviness in contrast to the song. If that makes sense to anyone haha. Using it constantly makes it lose its appeal.

Same could be said for compositional uses for 'breakdowns', 'poly rhythmics' etc etc... its all about contrast to me ;)

Sorry if this disappoints you :ugh:.

not at all, Im all about dynamics

')