Looking to pick up a 27" scale 7

• Thread starter huber
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
Basically I've brought it down to Agile Interceptor or LTD SC607b. The price tag on the 607b makes me want to just go ahead and go Agile but I'm afraid I'll regret it. Is the quality difference between the two so great that I should probably wait until I have the extra money to spend on the 607b or will I be okay with the Interceptor?

Or is there other options I'm unaware of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Basically I've brought it down to Agile Interceptor or LTD SC607b. The price tag on the 607b makes me want to just go ahead and go Agile but I'm afraid I'll regret it. Is the quality difference between the two so great that I should probably wait until I have the extra money to spend on the 607b or will I be okay with the Interceptor?

From what I can tell, the Agile has the chunkiest :ugh: neck, and the ESP a bit better. ESP quality will be better, but you've gotta be okay with the fixed bridge. My suggestion: Ibanez RG1077XL... :agreed: Sell an organ... or two. :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Based on sound alone I would get the ESP, but you might like the sound from the Interceptor more :shrugs:

DeL07

SS.org Sushi Whore
Reaction score
Get a Schecter... Blackjack or Hellraiser... It's that simple... :rolleyes:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The SC607B is the nicest production model 7 under $2000 one can buy IMO. Schecters don't even come CLOSE (I've owned both). Worth every penny of the $899-949 price tag IMO.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score

There are other differences you may not be aware of (and apologies beforehand if you do). The LTD neckthru to the Agile's bolton, the higher bridge of the LTD compared to the LFR the Agile has, the active electronics of the LTD compares to the passive electronics on the Agile.

Both are made from wood however....:lol:

Really the Interceptor PRO is actually closer to the LTD, but the scale length is shorter (25.5) which will probably be a deal breaker for you.

Hope this helps....

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it seems that aside from the fixed bridge the LTD wins over every other option and I can live with a fixed bridge. Now I just gotta make sure I don't spend any money for awhile.

DeL07

SS.org Sushi Whore
Reaction score
if you can figure out how to make that neck an extra .5" longer, let us know how ;p

Well in all honesty, that .5 in is only gonna help you reach F tuning... And not many people want that...

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
The SC607B is the nicest production model 7 under $2000 one can buy IMO. Schecters don't even come CLOSE (I've owned both). Worth every penny of the $899-949 price tag IMO.

You can get a nice JP7 for about $1600

He said he wanted a 27" scale guitar.

Exactly. More clarity is more clarity and that .5" makes a big difference in feel.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
You can get a nice JP7 for about $1600

Used, right? I know that JP7s are a lot cheaper in the US and UK, but where I live, you can't get a new JP7 for under $2500. And the usual price is close to $3000. It's a lot more expensive than a universe, which is usually around $2000-2300 for a new one here.

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score

Get the SC607B. It's 27" scale (the Schecters are not, 0.5 makes a significant difference), and is superior to the interceptor on pretty much every hardware/construction count as described by other posters in the thread.

Note that my advice is based on facts, not IMO's and caps lock.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Used, right? I know that JP7s are a lot cheaper in the US and UK, but where I live, you can't get a new JP7 for under $2500. And the usual price is close to $3000. It's a lot more expensive than a universe, which is usually around $2000-2300 for a new one here.

Eh, a new JP7 sans piezo would probably run about $4-5000 here. :lol:

:nuts:

Used wouldn't be much better; no one wants to sell theirs :lol:

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
In the US you can buy a JP7 brand new with piezo for well under $2000. The SC607B is maybe the best bet in baritone 7s under $1000 in the US but I still consider the RG7620 the best 7 string available under $1000.

jem_legacy

Reaction score
I was looking to get a fernandes baritone revolver. But I can't live without a tremelo (with tremel-no of course) So I'm getting a BlackJack for now, then a Hellraiser by the end of the year.

Question about the Blackjack, can the SD's pickups be able to pick up a low G or would I have to change them for something with a higher output?

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
You can't live without a tremelo, so you're planning on getting two guitars with tune-o-matic string through? You is crazy.

I wouldn't recommend JB/59 for low G. I like mine in A for quite possibly the same reason a certain other gentleman dislikes them so furiously: They sound a little floppy. Through my setup it delivers this resonant CLANK which I just love, for anything as low as A, maybe G# at a real stretch. It starts falling apart in my opinion at lower tunings, so if you like reasonable tightness in your deep G tuned riffs I say gtfo my blackjacks.

')