Looking to try an 8 string

• Thread starter lateralus819
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lateralus819

Mr. legacy
Reaction score
So i currently play 7 strings and the thought of playing an 8 has always intrigued me....

I've narrowed it down to two guitars

Ibanez RGA8 and the Schecter damien elite 8.

IMO there is pros to both....

Ibanez is probably no doubt better quality or am i mistaken? Typical ibanez playability which i love. Better bridge

Ibanez would probably need a pickup swap.

Schecter has Emgs, mahogany body good hardware i presume....

Schecter is $600 vs the ibby at $800..

Is the schecter the better deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I'm an Ibanez fan and I'd still say go for the Schecter :wavey:

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
The ibanez bridge is only better if you really like floyds (like I do) but you could probably get a more accurate setup with the schecter.

I don't think either one is a bad choice but I'd take the ibanez because I like ibanez necks / trems / the longer scale length. Depending on how tight your budget is you might want to hit up the schecter though since its 200$ less to start then you figure another 200+$ your not spending on pickups.

Oh and the quality will probably be the same for either.

lateralus819

Mr. legacy
Reaction score
Yeah i was leaning towards the schecter because with its emgs, that makes it roughly $400 cheaper .

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Yeah i was leaning towards the schecter because with its emgs, that makes it roughly $400 cheaper .

I own a Schecter Damien 8, and I love it. I bought it knowing it would be similar to my Schecter 7 string.

Its a fantastic guitar. I recommend buying through Drum City Guitar Land

Reaction score
If you're willing to go the extra buck $$ ...go with the Shecter C8 Hellraiser. i own it and am 100% satisfied with it! from playability to tone, it's great! feelings like playing butter! hahah

')