Looks like Fender is taking a page out of Carvin's Book

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Oh man. I'll be following this thread for sure. If I can get a semi-custom Jaguar, I'll be the happiest man alive.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
This sounds pretty cool.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I'd so order a semi-custom Fender.

Ditto. Honestly, the only thing lacking for me on standard instruments is the contoured heel and some compound radius options.

Actually, if they just offered the existing Deluxe models with a whole range of color options I'd be happy though...

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Hmmm, just read through the article and find this a nugget a little farther down:

The firm, at that time, took part in the deal to buy Fender from CBS. Last year, Servco chose to boost its stake because it felt more could be done with Fender, Fukunaga said.”There are opportunities as a lifestyle brand that we haven’t fully realized,” he said.

Servco conducted a “soft bake off” for a partner and picked TPG because of its experience in growing consumer brands like J.Crew. “[TPG] took a brand that was an online catalog company and turned it into a great global retailer,” Fukunaga said.

Untapped potential as a lifestyle brand? That doesn't make me feel happy...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's the point of dealers in the internet age, though ?

I'm not talking about the need for dealers themselves, but the treatment of the giant, preexisting network of Fender dealers, many of which are small privately owned operations.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Something tells me Kahlers aren't going to be a semi-custom option, since there are no Fenders that currently have them.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Now, this is interesting.

MikeDojcsak

Reaction score
I wonder if this will open the board to a much wider palate of left handed instruments. Fender has generally been pretty good to lefties but there's been a lot unavailable as well. If that opens up, I'll be really excited.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Untapped potential as a lifestyle brand? That doesn't make me feel happy...

I'd expect to see that conducted alongside the actual guitars and probably isn't anything to warrant a musician's concern. Harley Davidson is a great example of what they're talking about.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
A semi-custom Tele in flat army green with black Kahler and matching hardware would make me rock hard.

In my pants.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
But wait... Will we get Fender ERG's? I'd die for a Fender 30" scale 8 string. :yesway:

')