Looks like Fender is taking a page out of Carvin's Book

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Q

The Engineer
Reaction score
Pre-emptive apologies to Fender and Gibson lovers, but... I just can't like them at all.

When so many skilled luthiers produce such great instruments at the faction of what a custom Gibson or Fender (that also look like 60 years ago; come on, give us something modern), while at the same time offering great playability, options and support, I simply cannot support these companies. Especially when I see relic'd instruments costing 5K (or even 25K in case of Gibbons's signature).

This custom designer shows how rigid Fender's mentality on design is. But that's OK I guess, if one considers that they cater to a specific audience.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Priced out at nearly 1700 for what I want. (jass bass)

I think I'll go wormoth when I do.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
"No HH configuration, no baritones, no Evertune, no carved tops, no 24/27 frets, no ebony = MEH"

Needs more strings, longer scale, H-H or HSH pickup config, 24 maybe 27 frets, hipshot bridge, string through, ... Well, this looks great for the typical fender player, but it's not gonna work for me.

Have you guys considered a Jackson instead? ;)

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Relax it's sarcasm, I love my SSS Standard Strat :D

I know, just couldn't resist an opportunity to jab the tastes of the majority of the forum. :D

And having Fender do this is great and all, after getting a US G&L, I dunno if I can go back...

However, the option to have a Strat with dual P90s... :yum:

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
telebuild.png

stratbuild.png

Yeeeeeeesssssss....

esp_eraser

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea
Cant check it out atm as its for desktop or ios only.
Have never really seen fender as a company that can cater over and above for metal needs so those expecting 27 frets or hipshots etc, are clearly looking at the wrong manufacturer.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I'd love to have one. But they are not quite right. For example, If I'm going to drop that kinda coin, I'd at least like the rounded heel like the muricun' deluxe's. Also, I don't want string through on the jazz bass I priced out. But you can't do a "modern" neck with a "vintage" body.

So considering the price, it's really nothing all that special.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Surely most beginning built to order projects wouldn't start off with all those options I'm sure. Give them some time to grow and I'm sure they'll add some of those options for the builds in the future. I'd order one if the prices were a bit more reasonable.

Musiscience

Reaction score
So, you're telling me I can have this beautiful silver burst telecaster, with a contemporary 9,5 inch radius (put that in your pipe shredders!) and beautiful gold hardware for only 2099$ before tax? :stitch:

lol1_zps5cdaeb2f.jpg

Also, I can be all kinds of gangsta with this engraving thing. :sharpie:

lol2_zps7b811d1b.jpg

You'll see me rollin. And most probably y'all be hatin'.

Reaction score
"All bodies feature high-luster gloss polyurethane finishes"

:squint:

I'd really dig an ash tele with a natural or transparent blonde matte finish. Or a matte black. Ah well, maybe Charvel will start doing some cool stuff like this.

electriceye

Reaction score
What a bunch of horsesh*t this configurator is. You can't even config for HH. You can't get a 70's era headstock. One choice of bridge. No neck wood choices. As others said, I'll build my dream Strat from Warmoth for half the price and with all the options I could ask for.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Options were kind of option-less on the builder. Hope they expand on it later on.

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Not a bad idea but I had a $2000 guitar spec'd out when I was done and to me it wasn't worth that much (yeah, I'm cheap).

Now if they would add one more string as an option, I may consider....

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
No Floyd or humbucker option on telecasters? No dice.

images

')