Looks like Fender is taking a page out of Carvin's Book

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
There is one around here somewhere.

You can get an american deluxe jazz bass for less which has the rounded neck joint and active/passive pups plus the hip string tree for the A string. In fact, I'd love to snag the one they have down here at GC but I can't justify 1700 bucks for a 4 string bass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's all a marketing ploy. The options are incredibly limited and they're just using off the shelf, pre-made bodies and necks from various other series, then charging a premium.

You could cobble together roughly 90% of what you can build from used guitars of the same series for just about the same price and then have two USA Fenders. :lol:

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Have to agree, I came to about the same conclusion after reading through it.

Actionman

Reaction score
Great option however limited it is.
Let's get serious, ebony on a Strat.
Options like that are for the elite.
You're talking about changing what makes a classic a classic.

Fender has managed to keep their heritage and nearly identical historical features of it's original designs in this day an age.
It's all about respect for the past.
Only so many combos and choices available in the grand scheme of things from any one corporation.
Simple... Buy another brand or build your own.
Fender ain't going to stray to far away from the nest.
As it should be for such an iconic brand.

')