Looks like someone's trying to resurrect Sunn?

• Thread starter Accoun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
The website:

Attachments

• F9D783DF-8F88-46AE-BC98-AFE94ADAC2BC.png
    F9D783DF-8F88-46AE-BC98-AFE94ADAC2BC.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 35

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
Interesting to see where it falls in the offerings as FMI has EVH for high gain and Fender for the traditional crowd. Wonder if James Brown is involved or if these are faithful reproductions

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Interesting to see where it falls in the offerings as FMI has EVH for high gain and Fender for the traditional crowd. Wonder if James Brown is involved or if these are faithful reproductions
I have no real interest in a Sunn... that said, if James Brown tweaks a massive fuzz circuit into the front end or does a proper 800 crunch channel...

fireworks.gif

complex-barb.0t

Reaction score
I would temper expectations. Likely the first amp is the 100s that they can market like “Hendrix played this once!”
Edit: as I mentioned a few months ago. Damn they are dragging this out…

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Looks like Sunn's revival killed the website lmao.
Anyways, they just revealed the lineup.

100S and 200s. Both are $3200
Beta Lead and Beta Bass. $800 each.
Lead preamp and Bass preamp. $700 each.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Where are the prices on the powered cabinets. That's really the only thing I see I have any interest in. Also, WTF is the point of a 100W Class D amp?

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Where are the prices on the powered cabinets. That's really the only thing I see I have any interest in. Also, WTF is the point of a 100W Class D amp?
Ask Pat Quilter. He seems to be doing alright.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
$3200usd?

My friends I can probably find an OG for that. Or two OG jcm800 2203’s.

Damn. They know doom guys spend money :lol:

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have seen too many obscene rigs on IG to buy that :lol:
You're right... it's on weed and gear, which I need to figure out what the fuck doom players are doing for a living, because I swear, all the rigs and shit I see on IG, FB, and anywhere else, they have pedalboards that are just ridiculous, not to mention those Matamps and some even have the OG Sunn Beta Leads.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
You're right... it's on weed and gear, which I need to figure out what the fuck doom players are doing for a living, because I swear, all the rigs and shit I see on IG, FB, and anywhere else, they have pedalboards that are just ridiculous, not to mention those Matamps and some even have the OG Sunn Beta Leads.
Driving 25 year old cars and living in rental houses with 9-13 roommates.

akinari

Reaction score
I've been playing Beta Leads for nearly 20 years and the last time I bought one, I got it for $50. Back in the day a lot of insane gear was really cheap. Inflation has been absolutely psychotic.

Doom guys, in a lot of instances anyway, are kinda like bikers. There's this sorta "take care of our own" mentality among us and it's not uncommon for gear to switch hands in crazy deals... trades or sales way below the prices some things go for on the used market.

A lot of us are in construction, welding, etc. but there's some of us in IT, marketing... hell, a pretty well known band in the scene has a VP of HR for a non narcotic pain management company as their front man 😂

complex-barb.0t

Reaction score
They can go fuck themselves with that 100s pricing. Does this mean they try to charge almost $4000 for a model T?

I figured since Fender was involved it would be more around the price of the 5150… At these prices maybe more clone builders will spring up and sell model T clones for $2000 lol.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol at Fender trying to sell Beta and S series stuff like it's Model Ts. :lol:

Huge misstep here.

All they had to do was make a Model T in Mexico for under $3k and they'd be printing money and swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck.

The Beta was a good idea, but like you can still grab Beta combos for under $1k fairly regularly, some for half that if you don't mind battle scars.

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Beta Lead for 800$ is cheaper than you get the used unit here in Germany/Europe lol so thats a win
Now that they sell Betas again I am positively sure that Ts will follow

')