Looky what I just sold!!!

• Thread starter TonyFlyingSquirrel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Piledriver

Reaction score
:holy:
if this was either RG or a Explorer body i would probably poop myself.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's stunning. I love the natural "racing stripes"!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks interesting, I don't think I'd want a guitar like that though.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
that'd be one unique strat!

would hit it :yesway:

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
Damn that is sweet, I really like that. Reminds me of a laminated mini-14 rifle stock that I had too

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
its a shame to think a pickguard is going to cover half that.

Sales reports indicate that top routes outsell rear routes significantly. We have quite a number of very beautiful rear routed strat bodies with finishes on the showcase, and for some reason, they just sit there longer than top routes.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's probably just the market you're selling into... most Strat and Tele players likely want the classic look of the pickguard. What proportion of Strat and Tele bodies to you sell in relation to other shapes?

With front-routed bodies, anyone with an existing instrument can just pull their pickguard off and put it on the new body, or buy a pre-wired pickguard. Rear-routed bodies require de-soldering everything and a lot of fiddly work to pull the wires through the channels and get it all wired up inside the control cavity. All that work is worth it for me, but the Strat design is pretty ingenious from a manufacturing standpoint, as the electronics can be assembled completely separate from the body.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's probably just the market you're selling into... most Strat and Tele players likely want the classic look of the pickguard. What proportion of Strat and Tele bodies to you sell in relation to other shapes?

With front-routed bodies, anyone with an existing instrument can just pull their pickguard off and put it on the new body, or buy a pre-wired pickguard. Rear-routed bodies require de-soldering everything and a lot of fiddly work to pull the wires through the channels and get it all wired up inside the control cavity. All that work is worth it for me, but the Strat design is pretty ingenious from a manufacturing standpoint, as the electronics can be assembled completely separate from the body.

Wow, i didnt actually know that. Interesting, and like you say, ingenious.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think it's often overlooked when reviewing the history of the electric guitar that Leo Fender clearly engineered his guitars to be cost-efficient in their manufacturing process. Bodies, necks and the electronic assemblies could all be manufactured in different parts of the plant (or even different facilities altogether) and then screwed together into a guitar in final assembly. A more industrial approach to manufacturing guitars, rather than hand-crafting them one-by-one.

In contrast, Gibsons, Rickenbackers, Gretsches, etc. all had their necks glued into the bodies before finishing, and the entire finished body+neck had to go through the plant to get its hardware and electronics installed. Leo likely saw that there was a more efficient way to do it. The Tele is like the Ford Model T of guitars, and the Strat the Model A.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
And as we all know, Leo Fender is into T & A.

I suck.

I'm definitely falling back in love with Stratocasters since playing a G&L one recently. Warmoth's got some lovely bodies sitting there that I drool over every once in a while.

:nono: :rolleyes: :ugh: :wallbash: :noplease:

I wish there was a facepalm emoticon :(

But that body is pretty nice. Love the natural stringing it has in it!

Reaction score
:eek: I would love a start that looked like that :yum:

I think it's often overlooked when reviewing the history of the electric guitar that Leo Fender clearly engineered his guitars to be cost-efficient in their manufacturing process. Bodies, necks and the electronic assemblies could all be manufactured in different parts of the plant (or even different facilities altogether) and then screwed together into a guitar in final assembly. A more industrial approach to manufacturing guitars, rather than hand-crafting them one-by-one.

In contrast, Gibsons, Rickenbackers, Gretsches, etc. all had their necks glued into the bodies before finishing, and the entire finished body+neck had to go through the plant to get its hardware and electronics installed. Leo likely saw that there was a more efficient way to do it. The Tele is like the Ford Model T of guitars, and the Strat the Model A.

what the hell happened to Fender then?:scratch: they seem to be selling those "Relic" guitars for outragous prices and to me, It's retarted.

')