Loomis 7 case?

• Thread starter ToneCrafter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
What case fits the Loomis 7 FR? Is it the "type C1" case? If so, have any of you actually used this case? I've read a couple reviews that said it is very low quality.

Thanks all...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
I don't really like the coffin cases. Any other suggestions? I've looked at SKB and Gator, but I don't know if any of them will work.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
call Jason at Drum city , he'll send you the 'correct" case for it.

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
LoomisinCase.jpg

All I buy anymore are the Schecter cases, then again, the 4 guitars I currently own are all Schecters. On one of my Schecters though (6 string), I have an SKB freedom case and don't like the fit. Also, when I ordered my ATX, they forgot to order the Schecter case and gave me a gator case for temporary purposes. It seemed nice, but it wouldn't close all the way. I felt like it was putting unnecessary pressure on top of the guitar, because I had to almost force it closed. The C Series case fits my ATX and Loomis perfectly.

PS. I ordered my Loomis from Jason and he originally sent it with the wrong Schecter case....

loomis3.jpg

It was the universal case he sent, and I didn't like how it wasn't form fitted.

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
I like them. I heard the 2007 models sucked, but my 2006 case has been really solid, and these 2007 models seem to hold up. I like them better than the SKB cases, plus they fit better. The gator case may have seemed like it was built a tad better, but I didn't like how you had to force it close when my ATX was in there. That bothered me. Also, its hard for me to trust gator after seeing how flimsy their racks are. Makes me think the cases might not hold up well.

johnthebaptist

Reaction score
Hey, anybody tried Gator XL's for the Loomis? Does it fit? Is it strong enough? I know that Loomis is a heavy ass. So, I'd rather go with a tough case to lay the baby in!

kingkabong

Reaction score
LoomisinCase.jpg

All I buy anymore are the Schecter cases, then again, the 4 guitars I currently own are all Schecters. On one of my Schecters though (6 string), I have an SKB freedom case and don't like the fit. Also, when I ordered my ATX, they forgot to order the Schecter case and gave me a gator case for temporary purposes. It seemed nice, but it wouldn't close all the way. I felt like it was putting unnecessary pressure on top of the guitar, because I had to almost force it closed. The C Series case fits my ATX and Loomis perfectly.

I'd like to order a fitted Schecter case, is this the one pictured above? I don't see one that's a "C-Series" case. But there is one listed for S Series?

http://www.music123.com/Schecter-Diamond-Series-Molded-Guitar-Case-545141-i1152226.Music123

Hmm... this case got some terrible reviews at MF. Maybe I'll keep looking around.

')