Loomis and I!

• Thread starter asmegin_slayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
My band, color of aum opened for the nevermore show tonight. Needless to say, we had a fucking blast! After the show I had mr. Loomis himself sign my prs se! Eventually I did get everyone in the band to sign it. Not gonna let go of this guy anytime soon!

408d3b25.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Another pic from last night.

His rig is a Engl Savage and the main floor board I later found out was a TC G system.

686406dd.jpg

Hosenbugler

Untilted
Reaction score
I'd have got him to sign it somewhere else, tbh. Right where your arm goes (and rubs) when you play; not ideal, really.

Cool that he signed your guitar though.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
I'd have got him to sign it somewhere else, tbh. Right where your arm goes (and rubs) when you play; not ideal, really.

Cool that he signed your guitar though.

True, but this guitar will now stay home as its a prize instrument. Won't take onstage. This will also give me another chance to get another guitar. Like a prs torero.

emperor_black

Reaction score
Awesome! However, I'll have to agree that it was not a good place to get it signed. For Now, you're hyped, but believe me, someday you will want to play on that guitar!

I was watching the news and they have a transparent material that can be easily applied and removed over cell phone touch-screens and protects the surface. Maybe you can apply that on the signature and use that guitar?

Either way, Great job!

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Did you rub against him so some of his awesomeness sticked to you? I know I would have.

CFB

Reaction score
they have a transparent material that can be easily applied and removed over cell phone touch-screens and protects the surface. Maybe you can apply that on the signature and use that guitar?

I don't think they make it that big, and ordering something like that would cost a lot. Plus steve vai tried covering Les Pauls autograph on his evo with some type of plastic and it still got wiped out. I guess there's not much you can do really

MacTown09

Reaction score
Hey i was there! Haha i ran into Jeff and Atilla at Starbucks before the show! I got a pic with him and i got lots of good show pics and some vid. Nevermore was freakin awesome and you guys were my favorite openers.

Oh and your RGA121 was lookin sexy. You always use Egnater cabs? I saw some tone vid of you playin through a Vader

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Hey i was there! Haha i ran into Jeff and Atilla at Starbucks before the show! I got a pic with him and i got lots of good show pics and some vid. Nevermore was freakin awesome and you guys were my favorite openers.

Nevermore + starbucks = awesome!

Thanks for getting there early and checking out the local groups, we had a blast on stage. Now I can say that I can play in front of many many people!

Oh and your RGA121 was lookin sexy. You always use Egnater cabs? I saw some tone vid of you playin through a Vader

I was using the egnator from the last band so that It was easier to setup. Thought it would sound good, but It really changed my sound to something a bit more sterile. Oh well, lesson learned.

I've went through so many cabs in the past couple of years from Mesa OS recto w/v30s, to the Vader, and now a Marshall Mode Four.

I know for sure I love the sound of v'30s and G12-K100 speakers.

MJS

Reaction score
Cool. :yesway:

You should have grabbed a Sharpie and signed his guitar when he wasn't looking. :D

emperor_black

Reaction score
I don't think they make it that big, and ordering something like that would cost a lot. Plus steve vai tried covering Les Pauls autograph on his evo with some type of plastic and it still got wiped out. I guess there's not much you can do really

Its called InvisibleShield by Zagg.com. And they make one the size of a Ipad for $40. He could just cut it to the size of the sig and never take it off. :)

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
dude thats so badass. id be plenty happy enough just to open for nevermore, but to get photos and sigs is even better! im seeing them in houston tomorrow night and i cant fucking wait!! :hbang:

')