Loomis and the Hellraiser C7

• Thread starter 006
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BAUOOOW
Reaction score
Just got the newest issue of Guitar World, and Loomis *IS* using the Hellraiser C7. I will scan picks later tonight. :) I was flipping through the pages and I was like "that's my guitar!" Doesn't happen too often with the pretty uncommon axes that I own...Latah.

~006+1

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
Yeah, there are some good hi-res pics floating around of him from Gigantour. Seems like he even has one with a Floyd on it!! My GAS for one had died down, but after seeing those pics it is starting to flare up again!

BAUOOOW
Reaction score
Ewww a Floyd on it? I'll stick with my Tune-O-Matic and string-thru thanks, lol. Latah.

~006+1

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Ew, yes. \m/
A Schecter w/ a floyd. Bout time \m/

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
Here's a pic I've shamelessly stolen from Steve Smyth's website... :hbang: :shred:

Attachments

• LoomisFloyd.jpg
    LoomisFloyd.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 136

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
I'd like one of each...one for when I want to whammy, and one for when I don't. GAS is coming back thats for damn sure!

BAUOOOW
Reaction score
The Floyd version I have a feeling will end up being a signature guitar possibly. Mmmm it looks sexy, except for that horrid clunk of metal they call a bridge. LOL! Latah.

~006+1

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
006 said:
The Floyd version I have a feeling will end up being a signature guitar possibly. Mmmm it looks sexy, except for that horrid clunk of metal they call a bridge. LOL! Latah.

~006+1
That would be sweet

BAUOOOW
Reaction score
What is that black thing behind his Tune-O-Matic? Tape? Or possibly something to mute the strings behind the bridge? Odd. Latah.

~006+1

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
006 said:
What is that black thing behind his Tune-O-Matic? Tape? Or possibly something to mute the strings behind the bridge? Odd. Latah.

~006+1

Looks like maybe some foam to mute the strings, a la the Christian Wolbers Jackson (after the nut). I think yer on the right track, 006. My guess.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Looks like maybe some foam to mute the strings, a la the Christian Wolbers Jackson (after the nut). I think yer on the right track, 006. My guess.
kinda off topic but ever see bass players who do alot of tapping who will put like a headband of elastic over the strings to lightly mute the strings? pretty cool looking :hbang:

FoxMustang

Reaction score
That Hellraiser w/trem is fucking hot. Love those inlays, too. I can feel the GAS building already.

Reaction score
006 said:

~006+1

Like The Dark Wolf said, it's foam.
Does that piece of foam mute strings or what?

Corey Smith

Contributor
Reaction score
Stops noise from behind the nut. Like Someone else said, Christian from Fear Factory has the exact same material on his.

swedenuck

Strictly Business
Reaction score
Now that I look at Jeff's guitar more closely on that pic, I can tell it's a custom shopper. Look at the headstock, I thought that those parts might have been aftermarket mods but the markings are clearly different. I'm thinking signature model now.

')