• Loomis w/OFR

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Loomis non Trem

Votes: 24 46.2%

• Total voters

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
I've narrowed it down to these two, now trying to see if I should save the extra coin and go with the hardtail version.

I love my trems, but I use them for subtle vibrato is all, and the good tuning..

Other than those two, would I be missing out on any tonal differences? What about playability and action.

Schecter2008DIAMONDSERIESJeffLoomis.jpg

SchecterDIAMONDSERIESJeffLoomisNeve.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't tried the one with Floyd Rose, but I LOVE the feeling of the strings when they're in tension with the Floyd Rose.

I bought mine with fixed bridge just because I change my tuning really often, that's it.

avenger

Reaction score
You can just block the FR if you change tunings alot. I have my seven blocked cause I like to tune it all over the place but like the feel of having a floyd type bridge.

Reaction score
Go the FR,
I think you will miss not having it even if you use it just the tiniest bit now,
You might want to get better using it or whatever, its worth having imo but there is still nothing wrong if you go hardtail.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
mine had a floyd on it.
felt really nice too, the fixed bridge will put your picking hand in a different position, so keep that in mind too.
Tremol-nol + floyed =:shred:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd take the TOM because I'm a TOM player.

Whatever your preference, choose that one. Unless you want to switch it up.

The only thing different will be the bridge.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
If you like a trem, go for the FR with a tremol-no. This isn't something people can advise on because its one of those personal preference things. The tremol-no will give you the best of both worlds though, they are great.

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
Shit, I seem to have run into a bit of money trouble.. laid off infact and need to pay the bills next month..

Either I keep just my 1527m and sell my 7620...or sell both, and get a LoomisFR..
Man..
Idk if I can choose the loomis over the 1527m..

I'm not really worried about the thicker neck..

shitt HAHA.

Basically I need to have one main seven..

I can pay the bills with either of the two, the loomis or 1527...

Just gotta choose which one...

Troegenator

Banned
Reaction score
That hardtail Loomis is sexy as all fuck. And since every guitar i own (with the exception of my Ibanez S520EX) are hardtails, i'd say go with the hardtail. Alot easier to quickly get to a drop tuning or switch between different tunings.

I say go for the hardtail Loomis over the floyd rose Loomis.

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
the hardtail wud be nice...

I cud keep the 7620, and get a used hardtail loomis.

Both wud keep at under a grand spent.. i payed 970 for my 1527 with the petrucci set..

Wud hate to give that 1527 up but two badass 7's is better than one AMAZING seven..

Troegenator

Banned
Reaction score
All the guitars you've mentioned are great guitars, so i think in the end, you'll have to decide what you like the most and refuse to part with.

You havent mentioned if you use alot of drop tunings or switch betwen tunings frequently. If you do then theres a another pro for the hardtail Loomis.

Good luck man, and let us know what you end up doing! Have a good one!

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
I never changed tunings, only on rare occasion do I drop the low B to A which is fine on a FR.

Im not the biggest "shredder" or kind of guys who kills in the high register..Actually I play more riffage than lead..this is what brought the debate up in the first place..

I would be playing the loomis with 9's not 10's, how would this thing feel?

Also, I love thin necks, but I''m fine with the thickness on the loomis..

Maybe i'm just gassing really hard, or is the loomis just that Badass?

Consider if i sold the 1527, I would keep the 7620 and get a loomis, or trade the 1527 for a loomis.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
If you sell the 1527M, you are dead to me :squint:

:wub: I jest of course. However if you like lead work, you will probably find that easier to do on the 1527, but for rhythms it doesn't matter a big deal. My suggestion is that because that ahs a trem, sell your 7620 and put that towards a Loomis hardtail, as then you have the best of both worlds.