Loomis Mods (3 megs of pictures)

• Thread starter Celiak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Celiak

Reaction score
img1931ps9.jpg

img1928fj2.jpg

I put in some Blackouts and changed the knob to a turquoise one, I didn't know if it would look good, but I really like how it turned out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Celiak

Reaction score
Gracias, I was using a Canon PowerSHot SD700 IS, they cost about $150 so it's not bad, it usually doesn't take that good of pictures though lol. There was more, but that's the only one I could get to upload right because I suck with computers...

EDIT: Now they are both up. Not sure how I got it to work this time but it did.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Looks great man, how do you like the Blackout's vs. the 707's?

Celiak

Reaction score
In my opinion the bridge is a lot better, it's more balanced and a lot tighter than the 707 was. I play a lot of fast technical rhythm so i need that clarity and tightness. However, to get that I am used to sacrificing the "life" of the tone, but this is still very alive and organic while having those characteristics. The leads on the bridge are a dream come true, I can get very close to the Malmsteen tone or Necrophagist tone.

I'm not as happy with the neck pickup it sounds like a cleaned up version of the bridge with less bite to me. I would honestly rather have a 707tw in the bridge.

Reaction score
In my opinion the bridge is a lot better, it's more balanced and a lot tighter than the 707 was. I play a lot of fast technical rhythm so i need that clarity and tightness. However, to get that I am used to sacrificing the "life" of the tone, but this is still very alive and organic while having those characteristics. The leads on the bridge are a dream come true, I can get very close to the Malmsteen tone or Necrophagist tone.

I'm not as happy with the neck pickup it sounds like a cleaned up version of the bridge with less bite to me. I would honestly rather have a 707tw in the bridge.

So does it sound more or less organic than the 707's? Because ATM thats the only thing pissing me off about my EMG's.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
Sweet pics, bro. One questions though, what's with the scrunchy by the peg head? lol

Celiak

Reaction score
So does it sound more or less organic than the 707's? Because ATM thats the only thing pissing me off about my EMG's.

Yeah, it has a fuller sound and is less compressed, it also has better dynamics. So overall it's much more organic.

The scrunchy is for two things, one as a string mute when recording and two I use it to make weird noises by placing it over natural harmonic nodes (mostly in pedal point licks). Also I do kind of like how it looks lol...

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
Does anything special have to be done to the guitar in order to fit the Blackouts in? I was thinking of putting one in the bridge when my Loomis arrives.

Solstafir

Reaction score
No, BO's are a direct replacement for EMG's, even the wiring schemes are the same

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
Sweet. I'm off to MF to order a BO Bridge then. :) Thanks for the info.

MF does not have the 7 string models of blackouts...

IMO that blue know doesn't look right on the Loomis, but if you are please with it then that is all that matters.

I am thinking about putting 2 blackouts neck p'ups in my Loomis.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
MF does not have the 7 string models of blackouts...

IMO that blue know doesn't look right on the Loomis, but if you are please with it then that is all that matters.

I am thinking about putting 2 blackouts neck p'ups in my Loomis.

I just found that out for myself. lol I'll just order from my local shop.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Do you happen to know what size of scrunchy that is? I have been stealing some from my girlfriend, but they have all been to big. lol

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice pictures! That knob looks cool, despite the fact that it doesn't match.

')