Loomis Sig Details

• Thread starter DSS3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
One of the guys at the Sneap forum went over and helped him set up is Digi002R and workstation, and ended up getting some details on the new Sig.

Alright guys:

1501680606_l.jpg

Jeff is indeed an extremely friendly dude and I really enjoyed talking with him. And, his new signature Schecter looks awesome. He said that it's going to be unveiled at the next NAMM, and even though he let me take a couple pictures of it, at the time I didn't think to ask him if he would be okay with me putting the pictures online for anyone to see. I doubt it will be an issue but I'd rather wait to ask him than risk causing any trouble. But that doesn't mean I can't describe the guitar...haha. The finish is a flat, transparent dark crimson with the wood grain showing through, with a maple neck with these kind of celtic looking black cross inlays. The headstock is a similar light wood color, of course with his signature engraved into the plastic piece that rests against the first fret. And, it comes stock with the active EMG 7-string pickups...can't remember what they're called. It's a beautiful guitar though, and he said they'll probably go for around $899, but if that's the list price then they will obviously go for less..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
$899?

I think I just found my next 7 :p

Good call on the pics, no sense in getting sued

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Maple Fret board?
Does it have a floyd on it?????

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Maple neck not fretboard... Could it mean a maple fretboard and the guy just screwed up? With black celtic cross inlays, it wouldn't shock me. Here's hoping. :D

I'll be very curious to see this. If it's got a floyd, I may be tempted to grab one and pickup mounting rings and throw in a set of duncans. :D

Reaction score
I wouldnt expect a maple fretboard tbh, but the way he said black inlays, that makes me think it would have a maple board.

But sounds KILLER.

:metal:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Maple neck not fretboard... Could it mean a maple fretboard and the guy just screwed up? With black celtic cross inlays, it wouldn't shock me. Here's hoping. :D

I'll be very curious to see this. If it's got a floyd, I may be tempted to grab one and pickup mounting rings and throw in a set of duncans. :D

Exactly what I was thinking :idea:
If they keep the price point on this close to the stock Hellraiser 7 I can see Schecter moving a shit load of these real quick

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
I may be tempted to grab one and pickup mounting rings and throw in a set of duncans. :D

Heathen! Loomis hath deemed EMGs true, would you question Jesus so quickly?

:p

Edit: if you're not a Christian, choose an important, respected figure and substitute!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
The beard guy said:
The finish is a flat, transparent dark crimson with the wood grain showing through, with a maple neck with these kind of celtic looking black cross inlays

Isn't that the regular Black Cherry Hellraiser? Anyway if it has a floyd I'll snag it for sure :shred:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Edit: if you're not a Christian, choose an important, respected figure and substitute!

:rofl: Rep points, dude. :D

Idunno... EMG's actually rule for lead, but I just couldn't get a rhythm tone out of them that I was comfortable with. If it comes with a Floyd, maybe, but if it's fixed bridge and 26.5", well, it's a maple-boarded (I hope) Blackjack in a different color. I'd LOVE one, but with passives, not actives. For rhythm guitar, it just works better for me.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
WIN!

Thanks man!

I'm guessing it will be the floyd version, its all that schecter lack really

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind checking it out. Doubt my local GC will carry it, though.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
If it doesn't have a Floyd then you might as well just get a regular Hellraiser. If it has the black cherry finish, it better not have that purfing. I think that super thick purfing just looks retarded, no offense to Schecter owners who may like it.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
It's cool to get this info, but I wish we could have gotten some dirt from someone who knows more about guitars. The only question on everyone's mind is "does it have a Floyd?", and we *still* don't know for sure! :lol:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anyone on the Sneap forum to PM him? It's imperative!!!

')