Loomis Sig Details

• Thread starter DSS3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heathen! Loomis hath deemed EMGs true, would you question Jesus so quickly?

:p

Edit: if you're not a Christian, choose an important, respected figure and substitute!

The cookie monster :lol: Since he is such a respected... eeh ..."person" :ugh: or maybe jeff himself :p

Anyway THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!! Loomispower. If the fretboard is maple... I will drewl a lot of saliva when I see that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool, that dude in the pic has a really weird looking beard, lol.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I interpreted it as maple fretboard too, then I realized he said maple neck.

Here's to hoping that it IS a maple fretboard.

Reaction score
I interpreted it as maple fretboard too, then I realized he said maple neck.

Here's to hoping that it IS a maple fretboard.
:drew:

I hope it is. And I really hope its a flat finish and a no show neck. This dude was so vague I really dont know what to think of it, but it sounds cool.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, he said that had black crosses, so It can be a maple neck with black cross inlays. I think that a dark red finish with a maple board will look weird, bet let's see how it goes.

Someone PM that guy! we need more info! :wallbash:

bulb

Reaction score
the last time i talked to Jeff he said he wanted a floyd, i dont know if it ended up in the model but he likes em (i hate em and told him not to do it) but he has a tech anyways haha so for him its the best of both worlds i guess!
The one difference i hope this has is that its swamp ash bodied. If it is then im buying one asap (unless it has a floyd) i was talking up swamp ash for the body and doing my whole mahogany rant haha and he was saying that he has a custom warmoth that is swamp ash that is by far his biggest sounding guitar, so i dont know what ended happening with that either.

One way or another get pix NOW!!!
PLZ!?

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hopefully he can posts the pics soon. I wouldn't see why jeff would let him take pics if he couldn't post em. :shrug:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
A swamp ash and maple 7 string would be pretty damn sweet. I'd do a Drew though and unload the EMGs, I'm not a big fan, and get some good passives in there.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A new swamp ash 7 would fucking own. Pretty much an instant purchase and I wouldn't care if it had a strat pickup setup, I'd just route it myself. Ash rules.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Maple fretboard, oh yeah, FTW.

Maple fretboard it's better IMO the notes when you sweep are deeper and you difference one from other.

And that price for a signature with those specs it's very cheap.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
A new swamp ash 7 would fucking own. Pretty much an instant purchase and I wouldn't care if it had a strat pickup setup, I'd just route it myself. Ash rules.

:agreed:

I just wish guitar makers would get off the basswood and mahagony bandwagon. I'd love to see more ash, maple and alder sevens out there, especially if they would have ebony or maple boards.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Could it mean a maple fretboard and the guy just screwed up? With black celtic cross inlays, it wouldn't shock me. Here's hoping. :D

I really hope not, since I was leaning towards a maple fretboard with black Celtic crosses for my next guitar. I'd have to think of something else, because I really don't want people asking me if I got because of Jeff. :wallbash:

Reaction score
I really hope not, since I was leaning towards a maple fretboard with black Celtic crosses for my next guitar. I'd have to think of something else, because I really don't want people asking me if I got because of Jeff. :wallbash:
Just smack them for questioning you.
:noodles:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Just smack them for questioning you.
:noodles:

I'd need a ladder to just to get within smacking reach.

720589167_l.jpg

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As cool as the cherry black Schecters look, I kinda wish he'd go for a different colour, like the green of that Steinberger that Shannon posted in the other thread, or the blue colour of the Elite that the guy from Adema had made. As for swamp ash, I'd just buy a Carvin, personally. Also, wouldn't the trem be an OFR? For such a cheap price I don't think I'd care, but I doubt I'd want to use it all that often if it was.

')