Loomis vs. Hellraiser C7...

• Thread starter ToneCrafter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
Well, I was informed today that my Loomis is going to stay on backorder until at least the first part of September...sucks.

I was just looking at the Hellraiser C7 FR. What are thoughts on that guitar? As good as the Loomis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
It's as good, yes, it's just made out of different woods. Preference really.

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
Where are you located in Illinois again? Were you the one from DeKalb, or was that someone else?

I just checked Drum City Guitar Land's site. They have both the FR and TOM models in stock. Perhaps you should cancel your order and go with them.

Celiak

Reaction score
They sound completely different, it's more what tone you want. The best I can describe it is that the hellraiser has more of a mid range bite and a more robust lower end, the Loomis has a higher register and is very clear through it's frequency range.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, all. I do live in Illinois, so maybe that other store is an option.

As far as sound difference goes... I'm going to be doing more heavy rhythm type playing. Would the Hellraiser be better suited for that?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I loved the Loomis a shitload more than the Hellraiser, if that helps any. The neck profile was slimmer and more comfortable. Also the finish was awesome and it sounded way more clear.

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, all. I do live in Illinois, so maybe that other store is an option.

As far as sound difference goes... I'm going to be doing more heavy rhythm type playing. Would the Hellraiser be better suited for that?

Drum City Guitar Land is just outside of Denver, but they will ship to you.

Where in Illinois do you live?

Dylan S

Reaction score
Like everyone is saying, it is more personal preference. The neck on the Loomis is perhaps a little bit easier to play, but that is only a small thing as far as I'm concerned. The hellraiser sounds slightly larger, and the Loomis is a bit more snappy.

They are both fantastic man. :)

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
Guess I'll just suck it up and wait it out. In the mean time I'll just set my strat up as a baritone. lol

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
Around the Mattoon area. My cousin lives up near your area.

Ah, I see. In my former band, we played a show over in Charleston. I am trying to think of what bar it was now. I just know it was run down and the sound man had a ladder mounted to the wall he had to climb up to in order to reach the sound booth loft. It was weird.

')