Loop Pedals?

Scyph

Reaction score
I have been looking to get loop pedal and i have heard a lot about all different kinds of loops, i was looking at getting a Boss Rc-20xl. Has anyone heard anything bad about it or is there something better i can get? pedals are my weak point in gear and i have only just recently been building up my pedal board, any help would be great thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the digitech jam man as well. My bassist got the digitech recently and he really digs it.

samincolour

Sweaty fox.
Reaction score
I use a Boss RC20XL and I absolutely LOVE it. I use it for samples, pre-recorded loops and live looping, it's a piece of piss to use too, just really shop around for them though cos I got a bit impatient, ordered it, and when it arrived I promptly found another one for £70 less haha. Ah well. Go for it! :)

samincolour

Sweaty fox.
Reaction score
On saying that I think the Jam Man has a slot for a memory card... aaaaaand the one thing about the RC20XL that does my head in is that it doesn't have an option for live volume control (i.e an expression pedal), but if you have a volume pedal I guess that doesn't matter!

celticelk

Reaction score
It really depends on what you're planning to do with it. If you want to store loops for long periods to play back later or move to a computer for storage/processing, the Boss and Digitech units are probably your best bets (or an EHX 2880, if you've got a little more to spend). If flexibility in a live situation is more important, then other choices become available. I personally use the Boomerang III, which allows multiple loops in a variety of configurations, has *really* fast buttons for live use, and is made in the US. The Line 6 DL4 is widely used because it's cheap and easy to operate, and does a lot of other delay types as well as looping. (Ditto for the Boss DD-20, although its looper is pretty rudimentary, and the EHX Stereo Memory Man, which I also have.) Vox has a new looper aimed at guitarists coming out any day now, which includes input-signal and loop effects and an expression pedal for messing with stuff in real time, but no long-term storage.

Your best overall source for looping info online is probably http://www.loopers-delight.com

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I've had Boss and Digitech loopers. My current looper is the Boomerang III.

It just did so much right, and is painless for live looping.

Looping styles and philosophies can vary, of course, so make sure to know what you're hoping to do, and then read manuals.

')