LoPro Edge w/ Piezo in 2024?

• Thread starter youshy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

youshy

Curly-man
Reaction score
Already emailed LR Baggs about the saddles - they can do they, they still actually do them; emailed Gotoh if there's any chance they can do LPE saddles w/ piezo inserts, but that was a dead end (not surprisingly, licencing); spoke to Ibanez Germany guys this year about Piezo possibility in Spot Run guitars, and that's a no-go.

So, the question is - aside from finding a Double LoPro Edge equipped guitar, disassembling it, measuring the saddle and manufacturing it for my own needs, is there any other option to get a Piezo into an LPE in 2024?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There was a guy down in Chicago doing Lo-Pro piezo conversions some years back, but I don't think he's in business anymore. It seemed like a fairly easy job if you have access to a mill.

His username was @shotgunn or something to that effect. He had a few detailed walk throughs with pictures, but those might be long dead.

youshy

Curly-man
Reaction score
I know he did the Edge Pro conversions, LR Baggs also confirmed that their inserts should just drop-in basically into Edge Pro.

It seemed like a fairly easy job if you have access to a mill.

That's where I'm at right now, I've spent the last few months trying to nail down any possibility to buy these, but I'll probably just pull the trigger on the cheapest guitar with DLPE (there's one on Reverb atm) and just get them milled from ground up. (Also thanks to odibrom for getting me to contact LR Baggs, their customer support is 10/10)

')