Lostprophets singer to stand trial for baby rape and 22 other sexual offenses...

• Thread starter spawnofthesith
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
What. The. .....

Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins to stand trial on baby rape and 22 sex offence charges in November - News - Music - The Independent

Rock singer Ian Watkins will stand trial accused of baby rape and a total of 22 other sex offences at the end of the year.

A judge set 25 November as a trial date for the Lostprophets' frontman at a hearing at Cardiff Crown Court, south Wales, today.

Watkins, 35, from Pontypridd, appeared at the hearing via videolink from Parc Prison, Bridgend and was told he will be on trial for up to four weeks.

Judge Eleri Rees, the recorder for Cardiff, denied an attempt by the defence to switch the eventual trial to a location outside Wales.

Watkins appeared in a plea hearing at the same court on Monday when he denied a total of 24 separate sex offences.

Among them are two counts of raping a baby, one of conspiracy to rape a child and one of conspiracy to sexually assault a child.

He also denies charges of sexually assaulting a baby and aiding and abetting a woman to sexually assault a baby.

Two women, aged 20 and 24, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will also stand trial with Watkins at the end of November.

One of the women has admitted sexual touching of a baby, one count of taking indecent photographs and one of distributing photographs of a child.

A jury will be told about her three guilty pleas at the opening of the eventual trial.

Watkins, whose band has sold more than 3.5 million albums worldwide, also faces a series of charges for possessing, making and distributing indecent images of children.

He is also accused of possessing an extreme image depicting a person having sex with an animal.

The oldest of the alleged offences dates back to 2007.

One of the two women also appeared by videolink. One was absent.

The three defendants are collectively accused of a total of 32 offences.

Judge Rees adjourned proceedings until August 12 for a case management hearing at the same court.

All three remain remanded in custody.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
This is quite an old case and I've definitely seen stuff on it on here before.

If it's true (and there is a considerable amount of evidence suggesting so), then by all means he's a disgusting man and should be locked up, with the key shoved up his ass for good measure. However, at this stage we do not actually know if he's guilty or not.

Remember - innocent until proven guilty.

He is guilty of putting "meh" vocals on otherwise good music though. Never liked his voice much.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Damn, i'm not a fan but we cover one of their tunes...maybe not such a good idea at this point. There's alot of smoke here for there to be no fire.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
When I was much younger I was a fan, but this shit makes me sick to my ....ing stomach. If he's guilty, there isn't a circle of hell deep enough for this type of scum

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
This piece of garbage isn't dead yet? So fukking disgusting.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Sick bastard, if guilty which seems very likely. I don't get how anyone could .... a baby. That's pretty much the lowest of low. If people are found to be guilty of this shit it should be instant execution. Preferably quickly.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
i feel like there should be a specific prison tattoo for baby raping.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Little do you guys know he will be beat in prison and possibly killed. People in there don't .... around when it comes to child molesters and rapists.

Datura

Reaction score
Didn't know it was illegal to possess an image of a person having sex with an animal.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Didn't know it was illegal to possess an image of a person having sex with an animal.

Depends what country you are in. I've read this charge reported in the UK as Watkins allegedly owning and conspiring to make animal and child crossover stuff. He is the vilest of individuals and I doubt it will take the jury 10 minutes to find him guilty, if he doesn't kill himself before his trial.

I never liked The Lostprophets, always thought they sucked, and now they turn out to be paedo rock, like Gary Glitter.

There is an awful lot of these kiddie fiddlers getting turfed out of their warrens in the UK at the moment, the whole "Saville-beast" enquiry that started operation Yewtree has turned over many stones and found sick child molesters within the entertainment industry, many of whom appear to have been aiding and abetting others in a culture of being famous and shagging kids. I hope if there is a hell, that they will all rot there in conditions more torturous than my mind can conceive.

AndrewFTMfan

Reaction score
This has been all over UG news for the last month or so now....
Most messed up part about it, the dude's trying to clear his name..... but I guess until proven guilty? Either way, this guy is severely sick in the head if it's proven he did it in court. There is just so much evidence pointing against him.

soliloquy

Reaction score
its not just him. its also the band since they more or less knew of his ....edup shit but didn't say anything about it.

and i can sort of understand some people's fascination with taboo...but this is beyond taboo...

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
It's okay, they lost their.... touch 10 years ago anyways :fawk:

This isn't going to change my love for the first two albums though. I can't help it, even if the dude is a toddler toucher. :ugh:

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I can't express how ....ing sick this makes me. I honestly can't believe a person would be this disgusting. Hopefully he gets his payback in prison by some big bastard who will rape him back.

downburst82

Reaction score
its not just him. its also the band since they more or less knew of his ....edup shit but didn't say anything about it.

what do you base that on? I wouldnt just assume they knew he had this messed up dark side..I mean do all of our friends know what kind of stuff gets us off?

Basically unless you know otherwise I think its reallly unfair to hold Ian's weird illegal shit against the rest of the band.

soliloquy

Reaction score
what do you base that on? I wouldnt just assume they knew he had this messed up dark side..I mean do all of our friends know what kind of stuff gets us off?

Basically unless you know otherwise I think its reallly unfair to hold Ian's weird illegal shit against the rest of the band.

you are correct. i read the following wrong and thought it was accusing the band members of the following:

"whose band has sold more than 3.5 million albums worldwide, also faces a series of charges for possessing, making and distributing indecent images of children.

He is also accused of possessing an extreme image depicting a person having sex with an animal."

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If this is true, I can only hope that he's placed with the general population. :2c:

Latest posts

')