Lostprophets singer to stand trial for baby rape and 22 other sexual offenses...

• Thread starter spawnofthesith
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
For .... sake you guys. There's nearly no chance anything terrible will happen to him in prison. How many of you have ever seen the inside of a cell, or know people that have done a few clips? That's just not how it works. Especially for a high profile case.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I watch a good bit of crime/prison non-fiction programs, I've known people who've served time (some very significant amounts of time) and I know corrections officers. No, prison isn't people getting raped/shived 24 hours a day but it's also not a Utopian summer camp for adults either.

I doubt being a child rapist automatically puts the guy on some kind of 'hit list' but the main reason why people like that don't do well is because they're people who carried out crimes against children specifically who, by design, are chosen because they're a weak and defenseless target. Considering there's some degree of animalistic hierarchy that goes on in places like a prison (which, to some degree, already occurs in all society but that's a different topic), "survival of the fittest" etc. says packs and alpha males rule the roost. Being the type of person that preys upon the absolute weakest doesn't bode well for an environment where you're with hardened criminals and murderers. There's enough of a stigma about child molestation that, at a minimum, joining a group/gang that'll provide any level of defense is unlikely, which means relying on himself (and his rather small frame) for protection. That's not an envious situation to be in.

With regard to him being guarded 24/7 because he's a "high profile" prisoner, I doubt that's entirely likely either. Getting into protective custody programs and being kept in situations where you don't interact with other prisoners at all are VERY rare and usually only happen for brief periods of time. From the perspective of the prison itself, it's impractical to have separate quarters, rules and staff, all day every day for decades at a time just to serve a "famous" prisoner. In all scenarios I've seen/read about, it's only a matter of time before he ends up in general population.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
Providing one example out of all the people who are currently in prison, let alone all who have ever been imprisoned, doesn't really defeat his argument.
That wasn't the point of the post, I posted that to show it can happen but, as Randy said it does happen, but prison isn't guys getting shived and shanked 24/7.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I watch a good bit of crime/prison non-fiction programs, I've known people who've served time (some very significant amounts of time) and I know corrections officers. No, prison isn't people getting raped/shived 24 hours a day but it's also not a Utopian summer camp for adults either.

I doubt being a child rapist automatically puts the guy on some kind of 'hit list' but the main reason why people like that don't do well is because they're people who carried out crimes against children specifically who, by design, are chosen because they're a weak and defenseless target. Considering there's some degree of animalistic hierarchy that goes on in places like a prison (which, to some degree, already occurs in all society but that's a different topic), "survival of the fittest" etc. says packs and alpha males rule the roost. Being the type of person that preys upon the absolute weakest doesn't bode well for an environment where you're with hardened criminals and murderers. There's enough of a stigma about child molestation that, at a minimum, joining a group/gang that'll provide any level of defense is unlikely, which means relying on himself (and his rather small frame) for protection. That's not an envious situation to be in.

With regard to him being guarded 24/7 because he's a "high profile" prisoner, I doubt that's entirely likely either. Getting into protective custody programs and being kept in situations where you don't interact with other prisoners at all are VERY rare and usually only happen for brief periods of time. From the perspective of the prison itself, it's impractical to have separate quarters, rules and staff, all day every day for decades at a time just to serve a "famous" prisoner. In all scenarios I've seen/read about, it's only a matter of time before he ends up in general population.

TBH the UK and US prison systems are rather different.

Whatever happens he's not going anywhere. He's staying here, which 'caters' mainly to violent sex offenders: HM Prison Wakefield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If he was in general population in a normal prison he would likely run into problems fairly quickly. He may still do in Wakefield, but shit is different to the US system. This place is a very controlled environment.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Whats the likelihood of him getting any time taken off? Feels like slim to non, especially given his comments AFTER he confessed.

Latest posts

')