Lostprophets singer to stand trial for baby rape and 22 other sexual offenses...

• Thread starter spawnofthesith
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jawbreaker

Breakin' the jaw.
Reaction score
I remember reading about this. Totally ....ed up, but if he's guilty, he'll get his own. Trust the justice system. That is the ONLY time I will EVER say that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Even if he's found guilty, wishing death upon another human being (regardless of criminal activity) still makes you an idiot.

Yeah? Try being the parents of the children that he is accused of diddling. If he is guilty, death is too polite a sentence for him, because he has already screwed the chances of these kids having a normal life.

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
Even if he's found guilty, wishing death upon another human being (regardless of criminal activity) still makes you an idiot.

A very large dose of prison is the answer. Being executed by the state, who are supposed to be humane and not killers, is not.

its not wishing death upon someone, its simply recognizing that someone like that does not deserve the gift of life.

in this world life is a privilege, not a right. im not saying thats how it should be but thats how it is.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Yeah? Try being the parents of the children that he is accused of diddling. If he is guilty, death is too polite a sentence for him, because he has already screwed the chances of these kids having a normal life.

The whole point is - we are not the parents of the children he is ACCUSED of abusing. That means we should be able to look at things rationally. If all sentences were decided by victims and their families, where the hell would we be? Disgust is a natural reaction, and at first this can result in bloodlust etc... but we need to get over that and realise that killing people solves nothing.

The justice system should have the upper hand over the criminals. That upper hand should never have blood on it.

its not wishing death upon someone, its simply recognizing that someone like that does not deserve the gift of life.

in this world life is a privilege, not a right. im not saying thats how it should be but thats how it is.

Direct quote from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

"Everyone has the right to life"

:)

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
The whole point is - we are not the parents of the children he is ACCUSED of abusing. That means we should be able to look at things rationally. If all sentences were decided by victims and their families, where the hell would we be? Disgust is a natural reaction, and at first this can result in bloodlust etc... but we need to get over that and realise that killing people solves nothing.

As someone that that has dealt with rape, I have no sympathy for the rapist. If guilty, then he ought suffer. The damage on the person raped is never fully healed. So get off your soapbox and realize that not everyone is as "nice" as you are.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I'll hold the innocent until proven guilty side of things...no problems.

I do NOT have a problem with the death penalty either. Pretending this happened in the US, I surely wouldn't want tax payer money keeping that ....stick alive in an already over-crowded system (partially due to lack of death penalty). IF CONVICTED he deserves nothing less than either state-mandated or by-parent death.

In rape/domestic abuse/child abuse/etc cases....I've always though that the best justice would be to lock up the guilty (again, can't be guilty until proven so) in a room full of the victims' friends and family. In the case of child related rape, the father, uncle, and brothers would suffice nicely.
I have a kid and this piece of shit human being (if you could call him that) makes me think very violent thoughts. Once you have children this type of shit brings on a whole new perspective.

^This, too

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
This honestly doesn't make me sick to my stomach like most of you are saying. Yes, I do find this completely ....ed up but look at our media. This kind of stuff us essentially all that we hear about now a days. I hear about this soooo much that it doesn't even make me cringe anymore like it used to.

I understand what you mean. With what we hear on the media these days it seems like they are always trying to "one up" themselves and to be as outrageous as possible.

That said.

I have a kid and this piece of shit human being (if you could call him that) makes me think very violent thoughts. Once you have children this type of shit brings on a whole new perspective.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
As someone that that has dealt with rape, I have no sympathy for the rapist. If guilty, then he ought suffer. The damage on the person raped is never fully healed. So get off your soapbox and realize that not everyone is as "nice" as you are.

First of all, I'm sorry you've had to deal with it. It isn't something anyone should have to face.

However, I will not budge in my views. It isn't that I'm being "nice", I just don't believe the government should have the right to coldly murder its own citizens on the basis of primitive emotional instincts and a slightly unnerving desire for vengeance instead of justice. Sorry.

You don't seem to have grasped my argument that the justice system should not be swayed by the anger and disgust of the victims and their families. If verdicts in court were decided by the father of a rape victim instead of by a jury, which is able to view the case far more objectively, we'd be in an ethically much worse place as a society. It'd be barbaric. The death penalty is not justice, it is revenge. Revenge solves nothing, in the long term.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
However, I will not budge in my views. It isn't that I'm being "nice", I just don't believe the government should have the right to coldly murder its own citizens on the basis of primitive emotional instincts and a slightly unnerving desire for vengeance instead of justice. Sorry.

I can only hope that you will never be in a situation where you would have to challenge that belief. Society needs people to counter the views of others, just as experiences in my life counter yours.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
In the case of child related rape, the father, uncle, and brothers would suffice nicely.

Though I appreciate where your coming from on this, statistically the abuser is more likely to be the father, uncle or brother

I still stand with BucketHeadRules on this one and his original point that at the moment Watkins has been found guilty of nothing and therefore all this talk of violence and revenge is a little pointless. I think everyone knows that everyone on ss.org is a decent human being and finds this sort of crime disgusting, but the threats against him are, imo ott....

As someone that that has dealt with rape, I have no sympathy for the rapist
Without meaning to come off as patronising, I am really genuinely sorry you have had to deal with rape in whatever way you have. I have a very close friend who was abused as a child by her step father and though I have no understanding (thank god) of what it must be like to live with that I wish you the best.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I can only hope that you will never be in a situation where you would have to challenge that belief. Society needs people to counter the views of others, just as experiences in my life counter yours.

I hope so very much, too.

I don't understand your viewpoint because I've never been in that situation myself (for which I am grateful - I meant it when I said I'm sorry you've been through it, because it really is not something that people should have to face)... however, I see my situation as an opportunity to look at this objectively - and objectively speaking, no matter how depraved and hateful the crimes committed (and this case seriously tests me), I do not believe that the justice system should have the right to decide whether prisoners live or die.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I think there is a cultural disagreement at play more than anything else. In America, many States have a death penalty. I think 30 or more still have it on the books and available as an option. Seeing as how you are across the pond, we come from two very different backgrounds on this particular point. Although, I think we are more similar in most other respects.

Its hard to debate this issue, because morally you are right and you have the high ground. Death is not the answer (most of the time). But I feel there are some cases where one forfeits their rights to live in our society. Is it an archaic view? Most likely. That said, I think it serves as protection against these acts ever being used on innocents ever again. Also, I do believe in rehabilitation of criminals... just not in the case of aggravated murder(s) or rape. In those cases, they have already killed or ruined the life of another. All of the criminal rehabilitation is not going to fix the damage done.

Just my opinion - and probably not that of a lot of Americans.

[Edit - This is a difficult issue for me... so I don't think I want to have a full debate on this, but I wanted to respond in case you were wondering what my thought process is on the situation.]

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I think there is a cultural disagreement at play more than anything else. In America, many States have a death penalty. I think 30 or more still have it on the books and available as an option. Seeing as how you are across the pond, we come from two very different backgrounds on this particular point. Although, I think we are more similar in most other respects.

Its hard to debate this issue, because morally you are right and you have the high ground. Death is not the answer (most of the time). But I feel there are some cases where one forfeits their rights to live in our society. Is it an archaic view? Most likely. That said, I think it serves as protection against these acts ever being used on innocents ever again. Also, I do believe in rehabilitation of criminals... just not in the case of aggravated murder(s) or rape. In those cases, they have already killed or ruined the life of another. All of the criminal rehabilitation is not going to fix the damage done.

Just my opinion - and probably not that of a lot of Americans.

[Edit - This is a difficult issue for me... so I don't think I want to have a full debate on this, but I wanted to respond in case you were wondering what my thought process is on the situation.]

Fair enough. I do see where you're coming from, just not a view I agree with!

I don't know your situation but I can see how this would be difficult for you to discuss, so no worries. :)

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Its hard to debate this issue, because morally you are right and you have the high ground. Death is not the answer (most of the time). But I feel there are some cases where one forfeits their rights to live in our society.

Not trying to draw you into a debate about it, merely jumping off from your view; I agree with your statement up to this point but the qualification of "live in our society" is crucial for me. I believe that with serious crimes which cause horrible harm to members of society should class as voluntary rejection of our society, leading to a sentence truly outside of our society: some sort of prison where there is land and basic tools for the populace to survive on without our help.

I suppose that was Britain's plan with Australia, they just implemented it in a typically selfish way which disregarded the existing inhabitants, even over serious criminals, because the natives weren't white and distrustful like the rest of us.

It would be interesting to see what sort of society would come out of such a system, both within our culture and within the culture of those criminals. I would be interested to see whether their views of right, wrong and justice would distill itself and lose criminality so we could see whether crime is more often the product of the subject or the social situation.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what sort of society would come out of such a system, both within our culture and within the culture of those criminals. I would be interested to see whether their views of right, wrong and justice would distill itself and lose criminality so we could see whether crime is more often the product of the subject or the social situation.
Have you not learned anything from great movies like Escape from New York? ;)

All joking aside, a culture and society of criminals would probably really end up in chaos, especially with today's gang cultures and all.

flint757

Reaction score
Pretending this happened in the US, I surely wouldn't want tax payer money keeping that ....stick alive in an already over-crowded system (partially due to lack of death penalty).

For the most part I agree, BUT it actually cost more money to put someone through the death penalty process and there is the possibility after years of waiting that they could actually get off death row anyhow. It is significantly cheaper to put someone away for life than to put someone on death row.

I believe it should be reserved for extreme case like serial killers, mass murderers and seriously twisted individuals (rehabilitation either not worthy or impossible). That being said, most serial killers are deemed mentally insane and as such we are not allowed to execute them anyhow. :shrug:

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
For the most part I agree, BUT it actually cost more money to put someone through the death penalty process and there is the possibility after years of waiting that they could actually get off death row anyhow. It is significantly cheaper to put someone away for life than to put someone on death row.

yeah they need to speed up and streamline the process is cases where there can be no doubt of the perpetrator's guilt. The only issue i have with the death penalty is the possibility of mistakenly killing an innocent man. But in cases where there are multiple witnesses and a home video or confession, forget prison, take them from court to the chair.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
It is significantly cheaper to put someone away for life than to put someone on death row.
This. I always cringe when people insist on killing someone with their tax money, because they suppose it's cheaper and the right thing to do.

What seemed to have happened here is terrible. Does killing the guy help anyone? No. All the damage is done. If he's guilty let him rot in prison. He's not exactly gonna have the time of his life there as someone who sexually abused a child.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
To even know that people like this exist in the world really makes me sick. I guess I should not be surprised by anything anymore but seriously what the hell is going on in some peoples heads these days?

Latest posts

')